Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is a rev limiter? I know when you are in P or N you can't rev past 4k, but what about when you are in gear? When in auto stick and you floor it till it shifts, is it shifting because it hit the rev limiter, or because it hit a shift point? If you have your shift point set at say 6100, and no rev limiter and you were in auto stick could you blow your motor if you kept the pedal to the floor?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
What exactly is a rev limiter? I know when you are in P or N you can't rev past 4k, but what about when you are in gear? When in auto stick and you floor it till it shifts, is it shifting because it hit the rev limiter, or because it hit a shift point? If you have your shift point set at say 6100, and no rev limiter and you were in auto stick could you blow your motor if you kept the pedal to the floor?
Rev limiter is not linked to your shift points and only in affect when in N or P.

Your shift points are preset and when in WOT will shift at thoose points (can raise them with tuner) Auto stick has same pre set points therefor even if you dont shift, the car will shift for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Rev limiter is not linked to your shift points and only in affect when in N or P.

Your shift points are preset and when in WOT will shift at thoose points (can raise them with tuner) Auto stick has same pre set points therefor even if you dont shift, the car will shift for you.
Are you sure about that? When I first installed my SC and tuned in the most agressive trans tune, I was bouncing off of the rev limiter between shifts so I went to a less aggressive setting. This issue is covered extensively in the Flashpaq forum as a problem that I believe has been addressed in later software revisions. Also - I'm fairly certain that you can set the SC to hold the gear in auto stick mode - it won't shift until you tell it to. Without a rev limiter, you could theoretically puke internals out the side of the block if you stood on it in first and decided for whatever reason not to grab 2nd gear.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I still had SC, if I would ease the throttle up to 6 k, it would sound like it was hitting a rev limiter. The reason I ask this question is because when I get my diablo, I need to know if I need to set a rev limit in each gear. I most likely will set the shift point at 6150 and I don't want to take off the rev limiter and put my car in auto stick and it not shift at 6150.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Decisions

Hey Chargers,

I run a JET stage 1 because I like to take trips and run 87 octane for all those boring highway miles.

Should I Also purchase a programmer and make some changes, or use it Instead of the JET chip?

Did anyone else have a hell of a time getting their JET chipped PCM back into its cubby?

If you use a programmer, you are Flashing an EPROM chip right? If so you have limited updates before your PCM will no longer accept the flash, yes? no?

Finally, I have read all about the upcoming Diablosport - so it will be better or more powerful than the Superchips programmer?

I would like to alter the shift points a bit, my car seems to short shift a bit where there is more power up there.

What is safe redline vs. stock and shift points with the typical CAI, chip, Exhaust mods?

Thx!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I dont want to steal the thread but what tuners allow the option to set the shift points to hold the gear in autostick?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.