Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Charger Forum,

Im limping back slowly to my forum account, I haven't even opened the site once in 'going on 3 months. I had a major major loss in my life, in the first week of October I was in a head on accident with my Charger, (R.I.P.) there were no injuries to anyone other than my baby "Carbon Steel Charger" . . .
It hurts even seeing this written out in text right now, still. I just have been so down/depressed/heart broken, that I haven't even had the mental strength to log-on here and look for the much needed support I know I would have gotten from all of you. I wanted to' I just couldn't do it tho, its weird. and Like I said im actually really having a hard time doing it right now, . . . .

Anyway ~ not even getting into the war with Allstate insurance and the 'well Over 12 thousand dollars of original receipts in custom & after market parts, presented to the adjuster (those were just the receipts that I had together from two folders that I put the larger purchases in, not even near what could have been presented if I got in to credit card statements or ebay/paypal receipts, because I didn't think I would even need half of what I had presented them, being that I figured there was no way they would even try to total the car. uuhhh, it makes me sick to talk about,
anyway ~ I am still greatfull and in a way did kinda make my decision of what was more important to me, I line it up as 1. My Mother, 2. My Bulldog,
3. My Charger, and in this case of the accident I made the choice of reaching across the front seat to the passenger seat to grab/hold the dog from going flying into the windshield or dash board and slamming head on (front half 'like center of the car-whole driver side front' to 'center of other car -whole passenger side front) head on - into a parked truck. Or keeping control of the car as long as possible not grabbing the dog and still ending up head on with the on-coming car that was in my lane on a 2 way st. thats one of the streets with parking on both sides and really cant fit a car going each way, so someone always slows pulls as far aside as possible while the other passes and/or vice-versa, anyway this jerk was Flying and crests the top of the block(hill) and instantly knew that there was no way in hell he was gonna be able to stop in time, so I did what I would have (100 x's over) and grabbed/held the dog and let the car go over to the left side parked cars where there happened to be a 1/2 a spot open enuff to plow into a pick up truck with a big push bar on it, I guess it was still the smarter thing to do as in there would have been more impact with the head on of the on coming car speeding than with the parked.. well what ever way I went for the dog and got a hold of her and let the rest in gods hands. But sadly my Charger was the real big casualty of the whole thing.

Even with all the receipts I did present and come up with, it doesn't even Start to take into account All the man hours of hard labor blood sweat and tears that I personally put into my whip. I did 95% of all work on this car,(and you don't write out receipts or keep a time card on that) even when I didn't have a on-going job going on the car I still would put a minimum of 1 to 2 hours A DAY in constant - upkeep / polishing / maintenance / what'have'you. Well that's about as much as I can stand to dig up currently of the Death of my beautiful "Carbon Steel Charger".

On a brighter note (probably the only thing keeping me from total mental break-down) I received the agreed upon amount' Check from AllState and I picked up my "new to me" 'Certified Pre-Owned' Only 1 previous owner, Bright Silver Dodge Charger R/T, with a lot less miles than I had on mine, I looked at all the other colors and figured I'd end up with another color (being my 3rd charger and having already had a Brilliant Black) but I really just didn't like any of the other colors more than I loved the Silver, plus the few things I did keep/salvage from my deceased Charger - all matched the silver color scheme I had, But I am going to going a total different way with what im going to be doing with my new Charger, In a way I feel like I have a whole new blank canvas to start a whole new master piece on, but it would have been nice to still have my last "painting" that I worked so hard on- sitting pretty on display in my Drive-way . . . you know, But that's life. .
So Thanks every-one for still being here, and Im DODGE for life so im always gonna be around no matter what im driving. and I hope you'll stay tuned to see how this comes out. Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Welcome back, glad to see nobody got hurt, other than the car, which did what it was supposed to do - save its occupants' lives.

But no pics of the new baby ? :slap:

lol ... j/k

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Thanks for coming back and posting.

Great that you saved the dog and did the right thing in hitting the parked vehicle.

Did the other person even stop?

Anyways welcome back....glad to have you with us again!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your car, that thing was beautiful.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's frackin' disgusting what that driver did. At least you're all okay.

Did they catch that other driver? Did he/she even STOP?! (for causing the crash)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Im limping back slowly to my forum account, I haven't even opened the site once in 'going on 3 months.

It hurts even seeing this written out in text right now, still.

I just have been so down/depressed/heart broken, that I haven't even had the mental strength to log-on here and look for the much needed support I know I would have gotten from all of you. I wanted to' I just couldn't do it tho, its weird. and Like I said im actually really having a hard time doing it right now, . . . .

Well that's about as much as I can stand to dig up currently of the Death of my beautiful "Carbon Steel Charger".

On a brighter note (probably the only thing keeping me from total mental break-down)...

Sorry about your accident. I am glad you and your dog were ok, and that your mother didn't lose her son.

No offense but you need psychiatric help.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That sucks hard! I had a major charger vs deer accident but at least i got to keep my car in the end.

I absolutely despise allstate. I had a go around with them about 9 years ago and will never use them again. This last accident with state farm i didnt have reciepts, just what was left over of the damaged parts and i had to print off prices from websites and they used those prices and replaced everything. I actually came out ahead because the new hood was a few hundred cheaper then the old hood. I have nothing bad to say about state farm, plus they were cheaper.

All i can say is dont let material things have such a hold on you. If your wife had to dress from value village you wouldnt love her any less, kids, parents, friends, its the same for anyone. you dont judge people on material things so why put your own sense of self worth and happiness on it. In the famous words of the Black Label Society, "anything that shines turns to rust." its just stuff, and will NEVER be anything more.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry about your car... but glad you and your dog came OK from the accident. And about your new ride, you'll gonna love it!!! Nice color, I love the Bright Silver on a Charger!!!! Yeah, I have one of them!! Congrats and post pics soon! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Glad your back. Like you said, you have a new piece of canvas. I look forward to seeing the new silver charger!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sorry about your accident. I am glad you and your dog were ok, and that your mother didn't lose her son.

No offense but you need psychiatric help.
No offense, but if your not psychotic about your charger your probably on the wrong forum.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I know how it feels to lose a car due to another drivers fault also. We all love our cars, but at the end of the day, it is just metal, glass, and plastic. You may not have the same exact setup with your new car but I'm sure you will love it in the same way.

And I would've went for my dog also! Never second guess your actions, keep your head up, and use modding your new ride as a way to cope with your loss.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you to Everyone,

Thank you guys/gals,:bowdown:
I should have posted 2 months ago, Im sure I would have dealt with the whole thing much easier with even half the response/support I received in the 1st 24 hours of posting this thread, Not one of the 50+ people Ive talked to, told, or answered re: my wreck or "wheres your other car" or "what happened" has had even a slight idea of what I was dealing with. Meanwhile every one of you have at least somewhat of an idea what a loss ~ something you have put that much time and thought into, not to mention money.

As far as the other "driver" (if you can call him that) he had still clipped my rear fender on the passenger as he flew by, and my first response to what happened was checking the dog over quickly, making sure I was still in one piece, then got out looked back and saw his tail lights down at the end of the block, so I instantly started walking/running down toward him (mainly so I'd have a running start to the Flying F%*kin DropKick I was going to plant right in his face) BUT (Im sure by the grace of god{for him}) the wreck was SO SO unbelievably loud that before I was even 3 parked cars away from mine- there was 6 or 7 people already out their front doors and running towards the street/me so I got up toward the sidewalk and the closest house to the parked car I had just destroyed, and at the same time the lady was coming out her door so I just sat down back at the car with the dog and called the cops, 'the cops actually said "yeah were on our way your like the 12th person who called already (it was that loud) it couldn't have been more than 3 min from having just happened.. I figured 'whatever if the guy is up in these neighborhoods that he lives around here and i'll take care of it later'
But it turn out it was a Good thing I didn't get my hands on the guy, because when the report was picked up from the police dept. my mother recognized the last name on the report, and a few days later found out that it was the son of a teacher at the school that she works at.

Thank you all soo much again, you guys are the best. I'll have some shots of the new Silver R/T by tomorrow night. 'ShamRock

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
SO sorry to hear about your ride,glad you and the dog are ok(cute dog btw). So you said the other driver was stoped at the end of the street, did he take off and if so did the cops get him later?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Oh and I'm glad you have a new ride to start modding.Have you done any thing to it yet?

·
Registered
809 Posts
SO sorry to hear about your ride,glad you and the dog are ok(cute dog btw). So you said the other driver was stoped at the end of the street, did he take off and if so did the cops get him later?
No, he made it seem like the guy committed a hit and run as he kept going. The cops caught up with him later.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I hear you about staying away from the forum a while, I would've done the same thing.

Glad everybody's OK and the guy got caught (if I understand right). You'll get over it in time, of course - it could've been much worse. At least this made you discover or confirm something about yourself: when it hits the fan, you know what to do and have your heart in the right place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Other "Operater" (wouldn't call it "Driving" ) outcome.

Yeah im sorry, lol the whole reason for my 'reply post was to answer everyone about the other-guy, and I see I didn't even finish telling you what happens with him, but yes he was down the block and im sure the Only reason he was is because his car was disabled in the wreck, but they did nothing to the guy as far as locking him up or anything, I really don't even think he got a ticket or anything, the lame laws we have here in NY in City and Long Island is "No Fault" for absolutely everything evolving any more than one person, its B.S. I don't know if its because the cops aren't able to use common sense or brain to figure out things that are Clearly the other ones fault, even if your slammed into from the rear end around here it goes under "No Fault" if someone gets into the driver seat of there car in a parking space (with out the car even turned on) and some jerk plows into you straight into the side of where ever- it goes under "No Fault" and "No Fault" doesn't mean No ones fault it really means both equally responsible, it just doesn't make sense. and You will be paying dearly in insurance increases! Thanks guys,

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
Cant even imagine the feeling

1 - 20 of 20 Posts