Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in the search. I have a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the left rear. I think it is the left resonator. Not sure if it is coming from the inside of the resonator or if it is bumping on the frame. Anyone else have this problem? Keep in mind it is a Police car so aftermarket exhaust is out of the question. Not that I wouldn't want it! Car is fun to patrol in but the rattles are driving me nucking futts!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Have you gotten under the car and thumped on the exhaust system? Does it rattle all the time or only at certain RPM's? The left resonator has a spring-loaded coupling just behind the muffler that may be causing some noise.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had a rattle/resonance at certain rpm's and it turned out to be a loose exhaust hanger. Just a thought.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had it up on a lift and really couldn't tell much other than the left side seemed to have more play in it than the right. Service guy bend the hanger rod to see that would help. It didn't. Doesn't make any noise at idle only when I hit bumps in the road. I am going to pull left rear wheel off in the morning to see if it isn't suspension. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured it out. It was on the right side resonator. It was slipping in the rubber mount too far to the left allowing it to hit the underneath side of the trunk. Fixed it so it was pushed to the far right. NO MORE ANNOYING RATTLE!!!! My sanity has been regained. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts