Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I love the sound of my 5.7 V8 Hemi, but I really want to make my car louder. I am considering either a resonator delete or a mid muffler delete. Would anyone be able to tell me the pros and cons of either mod? I would really appreciate it!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Your mid-muffler delete is going to make what sound you have now louder. Deleting the resonators will make it a bit louder, but will also change the pitch and tone of your exhaust. This also introduces some very noticeable and at times unbearable drone. Some guys live with it and say they don't mind it, those guys also seem to do the mid-muffler delete with it. Most of us just do the mid-muffler with either straight pipes, an x-pipe, or something similar.

The mid-muffler can also sound raspy, especially with straight pipes. If that is something you don't want, I suggest trying something like the Dynomax mini race bullets in place of the factory mufflers. They are still louder than stock, and have a nice deep exhaust sound. I did this on my Durango R/T after having straight pipes and they made a big difference with the raspy noise.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Quick n' easy, I'd recommend you delete the mid-mufflers (replace them with straight pipe) and keep the resonators first. Try that for a while and see if that's the sound you want. If it's not, you can adjust from there as-needed. Many folks have been happy with that combination.
*Make sure when the shop deletes the muffler, that they put some plywood between the pipes and the cross-member before tightening everything down! This will eliminate the rattles you'll get if they don't. (Remove the plywood after everything is tight.)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey guys. I love the sound of my 5.7 V8 Hemi, but I really want to make my car louder. I am considering either a resonator delete or a mid muffler delete. Would anyone be able to tell me the pros and cons of either mod? I would really appreciate it!
Definitely do plenty of research on either mod before trying it. I did, and I'm convinced that a mid-muffler delete can change your exhaust flow enough to shift your powerband a bit, and I didn't want that. Resonator delete (at least in MDS mode) is likely to leave you with drone, and I definitely didn't want that.

If you're thinking of going aftermarket, there's a reseller dumping genuine Mopar Chrysler 300C complete stainless dual exhaust kits on that computer auction website for less than $500. They're actually made for Chrysler by Corsa, so that's a nice system at a crazy cheap price, and it should fit an '08 Charger without too much trouble. They say in the ad that they're happy to answer questions about fitment on other FCA cars.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts