Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey people, i just tried to reset my CEL with no luck. i took fuses 11 14 16 out and turned the key for 15 seconds till i heard the chime. let the car sit for 2 minutes then did it again. plugged in the fuses and turned the car on. CEL never turned off. HELP

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
drive to an autozone, have them read the code for free and see what it is. If you leave a fully refundable 170 deposit, you can use the obdII reader to erase the code. They arent allowed to erase it for you, but you just plug it in, turn on the key, and hit erase.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
you can read the code yourself for free. CHeck did you know section of forum for info on that. Dont pull fuses ever. Forget that junk. If you did have a problem and the fuse pull did work you would have erased all info people have to have helped you fix the problem in the first place . That fuse pulling technique is about as brilliant as electric tape over the light

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the reason the light came on is becuase i was running catless for a few months. i have an apointment at the dealer on monday and dont want them to see the light.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
it should reset with the fuse 11 pull alone. If it doesnt read it and make sure what the code is. If it stays on you have a hard fault

1 - 5 of 5 Posts