Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear some people talking about doing a fuse reset after they get different mods added on. I just ordered an exhaust and will soon get an intake, do I need to do a reset after they are installed? If so how do you do it

·
Registered
331 Posts
Pull fuse 11 for at least 30 seconds from the Fuse Box located in the engine bay.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so is this to be done every time a new mod is added onto the vehicle?

·
Registered
331 Posts
You don't have to, but it doesn't hurt. It also clears OBDII Error Codes.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yes, do it when the exhaust is installed for sure. intake.. i did. i would, but doesnt matter too much.
a) it helps your car to learn the new mod faster
b) the exhaust can totally throw you car off due to increased flow and it will flip a code some times. removing a battery terminal has teh same effect, do this when you install exhaust and your car will learn the new exhaust off the bat rather than freaking when it starts up with something different

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Do you do this with the car off, key switch on, or while its on at idle?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
car off.

pull fuse 11. 14. 16. (correct me if im wrong, im almost sure tho.) (under your hood, not in your trunk)

get in your car

insert key.

turn and hold key to "start"(all the way right) -- it will not crank over or start--- until you hear a chime ~10sec then let back to normal.

repeat previous step

wait a few minutes for good measure.

re-insert fuses in PROPER places. they are rated to different numbers.

enjoy.

·
Registered
928 Posts
all you need to do is pull fuse 11 for a min or two. and thats it. pull it out....wait......put it back.

the 3 fuse pull was only for older models.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
well i got an early 06 so ima stick with it ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
all you need to do is pull fuse 11 for a min or two. and thats it. pull it out....wait......put it back.

the 3 fuse pull was only for older models.
Wait I bought mine back in April 06, so is mine the older model? Do I have to pull the other fuses as well?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
funny i never did the fuse trick and my car runs hard like it always did even with all the mods i did... never felt sluggish afterwards but then again i drive it like i stole it lol so i guess the comp learned real fast...and i got a build date of 05/05

·
Registered
928 Posts
not sure how early, but I know if you can do the turn key esp "mod" then you just need the one fuse.

and yes if you just drive it like you stole it all the time then you wont need to do this, but if you drive in city trafic it can make a good deal of diffrence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts