Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well a year and a half later and im finally gonna pull the trigger on a srt-8...initially just wanted to kick around some numbers at the dealership yesterday...saw her and put a reserve on her.pick her up at the end of the month....all they are giving me is the family friend program price....is there a better way to get it down somewhat...40,101...i was thinkin 39 would be better but im hearing crickets from the guy....any insight would be great ..and dude the car is just killer....tough car...ill soon be a regular ...Im gonna modify her a touch as i go along...hang loose

·
Registered
263 Posts
well a year and a half later and im finally gonna pull the trigger on a srt-8...initially just wanted to kick around some numbers at the dealership yesterday...saw her and put a reserve on her.pick her up at the end of the month....all they are giving me is the family friend program price....is there a better way to get it down somewhat...40,101...i was thinkin 39 would be better but im hearing crickets from the guy....any insight would be great ..and dude the car is just killer....tough car...ill soon be a regular ...Im gonna modify her a touch as i go along...hang loose
It is a great car, and the Plum SRT8 is a joy.. Enjoy

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Get the info from the vehicle. Go to Edmunds.com. Find the true invoice. Check for dealer holdbacks and rebates. Go in with this information. The dealer does have to make something on the vehicle, so don't make at offer at what they paid, but if their cost after holdback is 36 or so, 41 is too high. Don't let them play market adjustment either.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Typically dealer can move 2-3 thousand off sticker and still make money ... but remember too ... If a car is sold at invoice ... salesman only makes a mini ... that means 150 bucks on the deal ... Don't screw the salesmen but make sure you don't let them screw you too ...

Not sure if this helps but my wife is a salesmen so I feel for them ...

I can ball park if for you if you want to pm me the options and what not...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Don Conrad at Champion Jeep in Barrington Il sells all SRT's at Invoice minus $500....he is still making money and so is the dealer!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lets see...option lll wich the sales guy told me included one and ll just about every thing.....I noticed that there was no kicker and instead the boston acoustics sound system....funny ,you mentioned the sales guy wasnt gonna make but 150 and this guy said as much. sticker is 42+. i want to tell them 38,500......I dont want to screw the sales guy, but, im not rich and would really like to get the best price....it has everything b ut the dvd system I believe....thanks for your help......ya know I could stand to wait a couple months and see the O8s, have more to put down...the car is bad ass though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If the sticker is 42+ ... 38.5 - 39 is a fair price and sales guy will do ok ... He'll make a bit more than a mini ... If he's saying 40 ... it's a good deal for him and not you ... I would hold at nothing more than 39,400 ... just remember if you order it ... you'll pay out the butt for it...

·
Registered
329 Posts
lI noticed that there was no kicker and instead the boston acoustics sound system....
Check the window sticker. A lot of the purple SRT-8's are option group 3 only, and from your description I think this is one of them. Option group 3 does NOT include groups 1 or 2. If this is an option group 3 only car, you can get one for 37-38K. I've seen two such vehicles with the Buy-It-Now option on Ebay recently. One at Steve White Motors in North Carolina, and another in Georgia (I think it was Palmer Dodge). Also check the Dodge dealer in Kokomo Indiana.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Check the window sticker. A lot of the purple SRT-8's are option group 3 only, and from your description I think this is one of them. Option group 3 does NOT include groups 1 or 2. If this is an option group 3 only car, you can get one for 37-38K. I've seen two such vehicles with the Buy-It-Now option on Ebay recently. One at Steve White Motors in North Carolina, and another in Georgia (I think it was Palmer Dodge). Also check the Dodge dealer in Kokomo Indiana.
That's correct ... make sure you get all the options for the premium price...

37 without the options I and II is right on...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what does options l and ll cover my brothers? cuz this just might be a options lll only ,Ill go back by the dealership in the am to find out for sure..it was something i asked about and it doesnt have the kicker...so im gonna call BS on them....If im gonna get one I want it decked out....you guys have been a huge help already....thanks .

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought that the PC SRT's have been built allready...I didnt know you could still order one....????

Jaybo 06 300SRT8

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they cant be orderd any longer.....I ment if Im going to have a SRT charger of any color I want all the options....

·
Registered
329 Posts
what does options l and ll cover my brothers? cuz this just might be a options lll only ,Ill go back by the dealership in the am to find out for sure..it was something i asked about and it doesnt have the kicker...so im gonna call BS on them....If im gonna get one I want it decked out....you guys have been a huge help already....thanks .
Just look at the window sticker. In the right hand column it will call out the option groups and what they include. Basically:

Group 1 ($675):
Air Filtering
Automatic Headlamps
AC with Dual Zone Temp Control
Heated Front Seats
One-Touch Up/Down Power Windows

Group 2 ($1,245):
AM/FM/Cass/6-Disc/MP3 Player
Kicker Sound System
276 Watt Amp
200 Watt Subwoofer
Security Alarm

Group 3 (About $2400)
GPS
U-Connect

The easiest way to tell if a vehicle has group 1 is to look for the dual zone temperature control just below the radio, or the heated seat buttons just below that temperature control. Group 2 is easily identified by the radio with the cassette player, or the speaker set-up in the trunk. Group 3 is identified by the radio. If you have it you get the large face radio with the GPS screen.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just looked at prices on Ebay.

1) Napleton Dodge near Chicago just had one end on Ebay. All three option groups. No one bit on the $40,995 buy-it-now price. They previously ran it on Ebay for $42,995. My guess is you could get this one for 40 even. Talk to Pete there.

2) Palmer Dodge in Georgia just had one end on Ebay. Option group 3 only. No one bit on the $39,999 buy-it-now price.

I know I saw two on there recently that were group-3-only and were 37K and 38K. One was at Steve White's in NC and the other I think was at the dealer in Kokomo, IN. I don't know if they sold. I'd call them if you are interested in a group-3-only car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here is some information that I hope will help you to get the best deal. First I can tell you that any dealer is very interested in selling the 07 models as the 08 are coming soon. In addition, most dealers will let loose of the best deals towards the end of each month. I would also ask them if there is any way for them to find a Chrysler employee that you can get the friends and family discount from if you don't know anyone personally that works at Chrysler. There are two levels of discounts, ask to see what the EC discount would be. In fact the two levels of employee discounts are listed on the invoice. If the salesman won't show you the invoice walk away. I just bought my Super Bee in late July and the salesman found a friend of a friend that got this discount for me. The EC price was in the neighborhood of $1400 below invoice. This translates to about over $4000 below sticker. In addition Chrysler offered dealer incentive cash of $3000 in July. The dealer passed this along to me as well. The final number was $38,925 for a car that stickered for $46,235 (including dealer add tint). I would ask the dealership about the factory incentive money that was offered in July. This money was not a rebate but just extra money the dealership was given as incentive. Although the offer stated "Ends July 31st" I would ask the salesman about this money and if this is still available. My salesman did not necessarily come right out with this. I had found this out through Dodge myself. Even if you can't get the extra incentive money you should at least be able to get the car for the EC pricing. Ask everyone you can think of if they know anyone that works or worked at Chrysler. If not, lean on the salesman to find someone in order to make the sale. I told my salesman if he could find someone to get the EC price I'll buy the car. It only took one day and he got the EC pricing through a buddy. I suppose this is bending the rules a bit but I was not going to turn it down. Good luck. Hope this helps

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hey AL,

guy was gonna give me the employee pricing...didnt know about EC pricing, although it does show on the invoice an even lower price right above where it said what the employee price was....I didnt think to ask. It seems all he wants to give me is the fist level of employee pricing ill ask all these other questions tommorrow.... ec priceing, money from july.....im gonna sit on it for a secound just bet that fully optioned one is gonna be there in two months any how....if not , knowledge is power..

·
Registered
65 Posts
You are correct in that there are two levels of employee pricing. If I remember the first level is only a few hundred below invoice. The higher level employee pricing is called the EC pricing. Both levels are on the invoice. As I understand it the first level is no big deal to get. The EC level requires an employee to call or log in to Chrysler with their employee code in order to get a discount number. I believe that each employee can only use the EC pricing 2 times per year. Anyone that works at Chrysler should fully understand this. Lastly keep in mind that if you wait for an 08 the discount may not be as good. It is just a normal protocol that year end models of the same year are discounted more. Of course there is something to be said for not settling in terms of the car and getting a year newer. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
I'm glad that the GoManGo colour (currently....) has stayed true to the Daytona only........

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well,I went in toldem whats up...gave me ec priceing...got a good price.AND NOW, after they bring me a option l,ll,lll, car from outside of Chi Town...I will be a proud owner of a plum crazy 2007 dodge charger SRT8 as of the 30th of this month.....Im freakin stoked.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
well,I went in toldem whats up...gave me ec priceing...got a good price.AND NOW, after they bring me a option l,ll,lll, car from outside of Chi Town...I will be a proud owner of a plum crazy 2007 dodge charger SRT8 as of the 30th of this month.....Im freakin stoked.
Congrats:grin: and thank you for getting one of these out of the Chitown area. There are WAY too many up here for my liking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts