Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a full 1969 B body dodge charger from scratch. I wouldn't mind using 100% reproduction parts. However, I have no idea where to find a complete parts list at. Hopefully someone can provide this and I can order all the parts similar to ordering parts for a computer and assembling it myself.

I'm not really worried about performance for now. I just want to build this for as cheap as possible then upgrade performance parts later. The build would hopefully look like the image below.

Note: I'm a IT professional and this will be my first build ,so I apologize for the ignorance beforehand.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That's going to be a sweet build. Unfortunately you won't get much help on this forum. Most of us have the newer Chargers with all the computer crap on them.

Maybe try searching for "Classic Charger" on Google to find a better forum for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's going to be a sweet build. Unfortunately you won't get much help on this forum. Most of us have the newer Chargers with all the computer crap on them.

Maybe try searching for "Classic Charger" on Google to find a better forum for you.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll forsure check for some classic forums and report back if I find anything. I do happen to own a 2012 Dodge charger too which sparked my interest on this classic in specific.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
B Body and cheap dont really pair together.

To get anything done cheap you have to go 4 door A body or C body. Even the 2 door C bodies are getting pricey. B and E are essentially for deep pockets only unless you're extremely lucky.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
MY MAN, I am supremely jealous- I hope you continue to update this thread with your build. We might be owners of newer Chargers, but I think all of us love the original- without it, none of us would be here, nor would this forum.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Phantom Black
482 Posts
The projects is very ambitious and respectful.
And I also in hope, you will post some updates.

I really curious, how do you plan to start such things?
You will get a lot of boxes, containers, packs with all parts......... not trying to be smart, just trying to think about this - is there is such thing as "assembly" manual? Since this is not "kit" , what will guide you, how to put each and every part together?
[i remember my struggle with bumper cover and grill surround disassemble using basic tools]

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you are looking to build from scratch, Dynacorn is the company that builds bodies for replica muscle cars.
Currently, they don't have a Charger option, only a Challenger.
And it won't be cheap. Here is a cost breakdown of a Dynacorn Mustang build done by Motor Trend. They did have some high dollar items in their build, but Ford(especially Mustang) stuff is cheaper than Mopar stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts