Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 dodge charger srt that comes with the stock kicker in the trunk. has anyone ever replaced that ? can i use the same wires that are feeding into the back and hooked up to the stock kicker? i was thinking about replacing mine and seeing if i could save time using those wires. i would also like to know how that sub enclosure comes out. thanks

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I have a 06 dodge charger srt that comes with the stock kicker in the trunk. has anyone ever replaced that ? can i use the same wires that are feeding into the back and hooked up to the stock kicker? i was thinking about replacing mine and seeing if i could save time using those wires. i would also like to know how that sub enclosure comes out. thanks
Ok, be clear on what you are trying to do.

Is this a stock replacement or aftermarket? Stock is easy, just plug-n-play, aftermarket is a whole different thing and depends on what you are trying to install. If it's aftermarket, please provide complete details to get the help you are looking for.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stock kicker replace

Ok, be clear on what you are trying to do.

Is this a stock replacement or aftermarket? Stock is easy, just plug-n-play, aftermarket is a whole different thing and depends on what you are trying to install. If it's aftermarket, please provide complete details to get the help you are looking for.
i would like to take the stock kicker package that came with the car that looks like this http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_...r-Kicker-Single-10-Subwoofer-Kit-PRD6720.aspx and replace it with a after market mtx audio tr45 sub (250 rms power 500 peak) and a mtx terminator amp tn250/1 amp with 400 peak power. i was just wondering if i can use some of the wiring that is hooked up to the stock kicker and use it to hook up this mtx sub and amp. and also i have stock 06 navi ,can i hook it up to that? thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
I believe I have heard that you can use the same wiring. You will have to change the end connections to be compatable with the new amp but other than that, you should be good. If not and you wanna sell the stock enclosure, I might buy it off you if the price is right. Let me know & good luck !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I believe I have heard that you can use the same wiring. You will have to change the end connections to be compatable with the new amp but other than that, you should be good. If not and you wanna sell the stock enclosure, I might buy it off you if the price is right. Let me know & good luck !!
Thank you! Ill try it out. What would you like to buy, just the enclosure or the enclosure with the subwoofer

·
Registered
976 Posts
Possibly both. I have a sub box with 2 10" JL Audio subs but don't wanna use up all my trunk space. Is the sub in good condition and is this with an amp built in ?? I would like to either use the box/amp and swap out the sub with one of mine (unless its the square type sub) or just keep it all as is. I'm honestly not lookin to spend a lot of money on this cause its not that important to me. The stock Boston setup sounds sweet as is but if you wanna sell it, let me know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Possibly both. I have a sub box with 2 10" JL Audio subs but don't wanna use up all my trunk space. Is the sub in good condition and is this with an amp built in ?? I would like to either use the box/amp and swap out the sub with one of mine (unless its the square type sub) or just keep it all as is. I'm honestly not lookin to spend a lot of money on this cause its not that important to me. The stock Boston setup sounds sweet as is but if you wanna sell it, let me know.
its in great condition and it is the square type sub
(10 inch i think) this is what it looks like http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_...r-Kicker-Single-10-Subwoofer-Kit-PRD6720.aspx , ill post pics of mine in a bit when im available , they go for around 500-600$ new with harness and amp so if i were to sell mine (which im willing too) i would sell it with amp and all the wiring prob for around no more than 200, ill have to see what i can get out of the car and the condition of every part needed for install

1 - 7 of 7 Posts