Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Charger and unfortunately I poked a hole on my driver's side seat. The hole is on the bottom section of the seat, not the back. So, after 4 months I got tired of seeing it and ordered a factory replacement from eBay. I couldn't find anyone selling them individually so I had to purchase the whole set. They arrived today and I do not know how to replace it. I can't really find any information so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The dealer had to replace my seat cover in the past. I'm not exactly sure how they went about it but I do know that they took the seat completely out to do it because they managed to tear up my interior in the process. Sorry it's not much but hopefully that gives you a starting point.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's not difficult.
Besides some basic hand tools you'll need torque bits and reverse torque sockets,
adjust steering wheel in and up as far as it will go.
slide seat forward, remove rear bolts.
on side of seat, locate seat belt, remove cover and remove bolt. don't let seat belt snap back, it could hit you or a window.
remove head rest.
slide seat back and remove front bolts.
disconnect ground from battery and let car sit for at least 20 minutes.
disconnect wiring harness from under seat.
remove seat being careful not to hit anything, it helps having someone to assist.
using a plastic pry tool remove plastic from behind the seat, you'll see tabs, push these in slightly to release the trim piece.
remove plastic trim piece from bottom side of seat. depending on your seat, it may have a lever, this is held on by a clip on the underside, I used a pair of plyers to remove clip and lever.
under the trim panels you'll see a cord that hold the bottom cushion tight, it wraps around the front and is secured in back. undo these.
under the seat, undo the wiring harnesses.
on top of bottom cushion, toward the back, the seat extends under the back support cushion and to the underside of the seat where it is secured to the frame. undo these.
if you're replacing the back cushion, remove the head rest supports, these just pull out.
if you have heated seats, be careful of the wiring harness.
The cushions to your old seats may be glued to the underside of the seat covers, if so, take them to an upholsterer and have these items transferred over.
installation is the reverse of removal.

Here is a video I found on Youtube of someone changing the seat covers.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9jZXVsFgC8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.