Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm replacing a windshield for my daytona , and I was wondering do they have the rain sensors on the windshields?? the window repair lady was wondering if anyone can please let me know I'd appreciate it thank you .:smile:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I had my glass replaced after having her for 3 days.Grrr... I dont recall having rain sensors on mine.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
there are no rain sensors for our chargers...i think that on 08's it might be an option?

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooo no

I had my glass replaced after having her for 3 days.Grrr... I dont recall having rain sensors on mine.
3 days that is sad too here I'm sorry :cry: , yea I just noticed the big crack in my windshield no rock hit it though think it was a defected windshield and ins. won't take care of it :cry: , thanks for letting me know .

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you

there are no rain sensors for our chargers...i think that on 08's it might be an option?

ooh OK yea I was just debating if there was or not thank you so much .

·
Registered
502 Posts
My in-laws replaced the windshield in their Lexus and they mistakenly got one without rain sensors, now their auto-wipers don't work. BTW $1250 + labor for a Lexus ES350 windshield.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I think only the 300 has a rain sensor option. I don't know if the winshields are the same size/shape or different from the Charger to the 300. Even so, I don't recall if anyone ever got the rain sensor to talk to the wipers in our cars; it was briefly discussed when the factory u-connect mod was being developed and cables were being custom built.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi I'm replacing a windshield for my daytona , and I was wondering do they have the rain sensors on the windshields?? the window repair lady was wondering if anyone can please let me know I'd appreciate it thank you .:smile:
Search the threads. I have seen discussions about it. (If not here, then on the LX forums)

From what I remember, there is a compatible windshield that includes a mounting for a rain sensor. It was something like $200 more expensive than regular one. The mounting itself is tagged "Non-serviceable" by Chrysler (The mounting, not the sensor), meaning you can't buy it without replacing the windshield.

You then have to buy the electronics and wire harness. You will need the rain sensor module that goes on the windshield, behind the mirror. You will then have to change the cable harness that goes from the sensor down to the driver's A pillar. I know for a fact there is a version of the harness that supports both UConnect and the rain sensor. I did not search to find if there is one that supports only the rain sensor. Very unlikely, as they tend to package options.

You will have to figure out where to connect the rain sensor wires in the A pillar. It is described in the shop manual, so it should be achievable, maybe by replacing some other modules.

I did some research a while back, but have not found any one who actually did it. Lots of discussion, but no actual success. Don't quote me on prices, this is from memory.

'Hope it helps... Good luck !

...Ben...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought it would be a given that if your wipers don't turn on automatically when it rains, then the answer would be no...? Why else would there be any rain sensors at all?

I'm not trolling...somebody enlighten me.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Chargers do not have a rain sensor option (yet). Btw, please post up prices when the work gets completed. I have a star crack, and know eventually it will get worse. Thanks.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I thought it would be a given that if your wipers don't turn on automatically when it rains, then the answer would be no...? Why else would there be any rain sensors at all?

I'm not trolling...somebody enlighten me.
The automatic wipers is an option available on some LX models, but was never offered on the Charger.

If you want a straight windshield replacement, of course you don't need the model with the rain sensor bracket.

If you are thinking of adding one yourself, there's more to it than just buying a rain sensor module. The starting point is to have the proper windshield.

I may have misunderstood, I thought he was exploring the idea of adding the rain sensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts