Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Daytona with factory NAV radio, steering wheel controls and rear seat DVD player. Is there an aftermarket nav radio that will use the steering wheel controls and the rear seat DVD player? Also is there a replacement rear seat DVD player that is bluray based?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
One looks OEM or is OEM.. the other offers choices. What are you looking for exactly?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One looks OEM or is OEM.. the other offers choices. What are you looking for exactly?
To not lose the rear seat DVD - my kids use it - and to not lose the steering wheel controls, although several models can use those.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i dont believe there are any aftermarket navs that just plug and play to work with the rear seat dvd and steering wheel controls. i know i had to install a module to get my pioneer 8400 to work with the steering wheel controls on my sublime.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Don't think there is a way to get the VES to play through aftermarket sound without hacking into the audio of the VES console.

The steering wheel controls can be used with the proper SWI harness.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Why can't you just use the A/V input jacks to play from the aftermarket head unit on the VES?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why can't you just use the A/V input jacks to play from the aftermarket head unit on the VES?
Replacing my factory unit is not important enough to me to employ a Mickey Mouse solution. I'll just live with its deficiencies.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I wouldn't call it a mickey mouse solution. Would be no different than installing head rest monitors. If done right you wouldn't see any cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts