Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have recently removed the side moldings off my ride, it did leave some sticky residue behind and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to remove it. I have read somewhere that GOOGONE works great, this must be an american product not avalible in Canada as I have looked everywhere for it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I used eagle one's liquid nano wax, worked great

·
Registered
229 Posts
If its glue from the molding, go outside with a hair dryer, heat it up and peel it off (suck up your pride, you can do it). After if there is dirt, go get NuFinsh Rubbing compound. It will take it off (with a little elbow grease). Not a hard process.

·
Registered
641 Posts
rubbing alcohol also cooking oil will do the trick and you probably already have these.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I did the whole thing by hand. Some people suggest using fishing line and all kinds of epoxy removers and whatnot... lol. I went outside, peeled the moldings off by hand, then rolled the residue off by rubbing back and forth with my finger :).

Looks real good now. Best free mod.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If its glue from the molding, go outside with a hair dryer, heat it up and peel it off (suck up your pride, you can do it). After if there is dirt, go get NuFinsh Rubbing compound. It will take it off (with a little elbow grease). Not a hard process.
Thanks for all the tips, will try these today and let you kow how it goes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
How did you remove the moldings...I'm going to remove the moldings this weekend and could use any advice you guys have to offer.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
How did you remove the moldings...I'm going to remove the moldings this weekend and could use any advice you guys have to offer.
This is what I posted in a thread a few day's ago on what I did,

"I did mine on a cold day, used some fishing line to get it started, then used my strong finger muscles to peel them off, once I got it started it was super easy. I only had glue where I was first trying peel it with the fishing line. Next i used goo gone to remove it, then quickly used my special car soap to clean off the goo gone and then used water to rinse it off. Then I just waxed the car a few times in that area and it was perfect."

and yes I need to change my sig. pic lol, but I am waiting for my new grill/decals/dash kit before I take new pics. Should have it all on soon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
My car was sitting out in the heat, and i was literally able to pull them off with no rez... just pull up the front corner, and slowly pull back...

get some heat, and the double sided tape if any is left will pull off easly...

then just clean...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts