Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to remove my cats and put in straight pipes. Right now the cats are hollowed out and im wondering if i put straight pipes what do i do with the O2 senosr? i have no check engine on now, but if i unplug the O2 will it throw a code?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yes, you cant run with them unplugged.
you can use the Predator to disable the rears, however when it comes time for inspection you wont be able to pass (if you have to deal with this in your state)

you must have an 09 if the Sensor bung is located in the cat....

you can either have a bung welded into the new pipes that youre going to have put in,
or you can spend the coin and get a perfect fit of JBA catless midpipes that come with everything tapped and ready.

but like i said, you HAVE To keep the O2s plugged in

·
Registered
168 Posts
you could get some non-foulers and weld them in for the bung and turn the o2s off with the predator. thats what i did when i put on my headers and deleted my cats.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
i hate my catless r/t. sounds like crap. stock manis, cats gone, and corsa cat back. I'd rather put them back on i think then anything. It's just terrible sounding, with its fake raspiness

·
Registered
414 Posts
"sounds" like it's just your setup. Mine sounds great and I really don't have any raspiness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts