Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2008 R/T and I cant stand the chrome crosshairs on my grille. Does anyone have pics of their front end with the crosshairs removed? Also, I am hoping to get a black honeycomb replacement for the full grille. If anyone knows of a place to get one, I would be forever grateful.:bowdown:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
There's basically just 4 screws holding it in place. Look for the How Do I everything thread to get removal instructions.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
this is funny, i was literally minutes from making a picture request post for a charger with no grille, almost like a danko open mouth one, but with nothing there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TBY. I've seen the Everything thread. I should be able to remove the grille with no problem.

Now I just need some pictures of xhair-less grilles. And I'd love to know how/where I can pick up a honeycomb without the xhair.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Only problem with installing honeycomb without the crosshairs is in is how to mount it. youll see when you get back behind the fascia to remove the four screws that the screws are actually inside the crosshairs themselves, preventing you from just throwing a piece of honeycomb back there flush against the fascia. most people that want the look of "no crosshairs" go with the danko open mouth grill. if i have time today i might just take my crosshairs out to fix them and see how it looks. if i do it, ill be sure to post pics for ya

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Pics would be much appreciated. I may have to find someone with a creative gene(I have a severe lack of artistic ability) and have them work with me on some sort of custom job. . .

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
the honey comb mounts to the cross hairs, which mounts to the car. You cont have honeycombs without crosshairs.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
youre looking at two different things in that thread dude

the first pictures of the red/black charger HAVE the dank open mouth grille. its that black oval looking piece that is inside the opening where the grill goes. THAT allows you to use honeycome

the second pictures on that page of the black charger.......that guy has a chally hood, yes, but he doesnt have crosshairs because he has a GRIP tuning front fascia, which comes like you see it, with no crosshairs, but is MADE with a way to mount honeycomb behind the fascia

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
anddd the guy above me has the grip fascia also, hence why he doesnt have crosshairs and black mesh behind it

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Danko Reproductions Mopower Grille for the win!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
your front end is sexy.....

.....so is your rear

hahahha

·
Registered
5,219 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Danko Reproductions Mopower Grille for the win!!

I must say that does look sweet, but I must respectfully disagree...

Grip Tuning front fascia FTMFW :beerchug::banana:

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I must say that does look sweet, but I must respectfully disagree...

Grip Tuning front fascia FTMFW :beerchug::banana:
:laugh: Thank you...I like your front too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those Grip front ends look AWESOME! Where did you guys order them? I'll be looking for a good online seller. Also, what did you guys do about the grille? The front ends don't usually come with an insert, do they?

Thanks for the great feedback guys:beerchug:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts