Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I connect the remote wire from AMP in the trunk. Pictures would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

If you mean how/where to run a wire for a remote turn on for an amp....

At least in my 2013 Charger SXT

Under the trunk deck, to the rear of the battery is a fuse box (fusebox location pic).

Open by pushing on the latch on the left-hand side (fusebox latch pic)...push on the top of the catch.

Under the lid is a listing of the fuses (fusebox cover pic). that lists what the various fuses are for.

I don't have an amp wire hooked up at the moment, but you want to pick a location that's on when the car is on.

I previously used a fuse tap (http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/wirthco-30800/?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adword&gclid=CMGg0crp0MYCFZKBaQodXZ0HiA or, you can buy similar in a lot of places) in the 51-58 range...I just used an empty spare (fuses pic).

I had to try a few to find one that was switched (only on when the ignition was on).

Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx, I actually used a share a fuse product that worked nicely with the cigarette lighter fuse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recommended fuse

I tried the cig lighter ign fuse #12 but found it only came on after hitting the ign switch. It does not come on when remote starting the vehicle. I will be adding lights as well as the amp and prefer them to come on with remote start so I am using fuse 44 10amp-Park assist/blind spot/camera. Unfortunately I can not close the cover now in that spot without modifying it to fit the fuse splicer in that spot but it works perfectly. It powers on as soon as I remote start the car and it shuts off when hitting the kill switch to turn the car off.

2016 Charger SXT (fuse cover matches)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts