Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering does anybody know if the dealership installs remote starters for the charger and if they do how much do they run?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My dealer contracted out CodeAlarm to install one. It was done on the dealer site but not by the dealer's employees. I want to say it cost $300. Maybe it's a bit expensive but I wanted to go through someone I knew had worked on Chargers before.
-J

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i want to go through somebody who works on chargers to because i heard a remote starter on a charger can be a pain in the ass

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am REALLY considering having this installed. I spoke with the dealer and they quoted me $400.00 (4 hour install) for the install alone. Not to mention the parts themselves, which totalled about $320.00 (Dealer price). So if I was to do it through my dealer it would cost me upwards of $750.00!

I investigated into this a little more and found that there is a seller on ebay who offers the OEM kit for about $270 shipped. As for the install, I asked my local, well known audio installer and I was quoted $100. So as you can see, $370.00 is a huge difference from $750.

IMO, DON'T GO WITH THE DEALER!!! I hope this helps you. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts