Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i got a prestige 997 installed in my Car. when i remote start it... it starts up a second... shuts down then starts up again and runs. Any of you alarm pros know the exactly problem so i can have some knowledge before i go back to the alarm installer on saturday. It would lessen my downtime on my precious weekend hours.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They probably didnt use a 'tach wire'. They pre programmed a 'crank time' (extremly lazy). Tell them to quit being lazy and run the tach wire. If youre having problems now, imagine when its super cold this winter. It might not start at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a Viper system installed and had same problem. My installer told me it was going to happen before it even began, explaining that the part that comes with the kit is an inferior piece. He ordered me a DEI antenna thingie (the wire that actually wraps around the ignition) and have not had an issue since.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Mine does this too, but will occasionally start fine. Same problem?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yeah, sounds like he using the 12 volt feature instead of the tach wire. tell him you want the wire ran to the tach so it will start on the first crank

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
Damn that means I lose my car for another month or two, maybe more. Needs all kinds of sh*T fixed :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yup It's the Tach

Yes, its the Tach wire also has to do with the resistors. I had the same problem. But it's works perfect now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts