Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see that leeparts.com offers a remote start kit, how hard are these to install? would the dealer be the best place to get one installed if i decided i didnt want to try it myself? how much would that run?

·
Registered
161 Posts
jamphat said:
i see that leeparts.com offers a remote start kit, how hard are these to install? would the dealer be the best place to get one installed if i decided i didnt want to try it myself? how much would that run?
I had the dealer install mine and throw it in with the loan. It was only about 3 dollars extra on the loan or something like that. It works through the stock remote and it works great. If you are pretty savvy with installing alarms and stuff like that, I would asume it would not be to hard but if not then have a pro do it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So how is the remote start working out for ya NUWAUB? Explain a little on how it works. Once you've started the engine remotley, do you still insert the key into the ignition? I'm buying the remote start system from the dealer where I bought my Charger and they are also installing it. Just wanted a little insight on the system before having the work done. Thanks.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KurbyRTHemi said:
So how is the remote start working out for ya NUWAUB? Explain a little on how it works. Once you've started the engine remotley, do you still insert the key into the ignition? I'm buying the remote start system from the dealer where I bought my Charger and they are also installing it. Just wanted a little insight on the system before having the work done. Thanks.
how much are you paying total?

·
Registered
161 Posts
KurbyRTHemi said:
This is how it works:
On the stock remote I hit the lock button once and then hit it again about a second or two later then it starts. You do the same to shut it back off. It will run for 15 min before it turns itself off. So once it is started you insert the key and turn it to the on position and step on the brake, now you are ready to drive. Now if you remote start it and get in and hit the brake before you insert the key it will shut off. Every thing works perfect.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nuwaub said:
This is how it works:
On the stock remote I hit the lock button once and then hit it again about a second or two later then it starts. You do the same to shut it back off. It will run for 15 min before it turns itself off. So once it is started you insert the key and turn it to the on position and step on the break, now you are ready to drive. Now if you remote start it and get in and hit the break before you insert the key it will shut off. Every thing works perfect.
how much did you pay ($3/mo, but what would it have cost if you had paid straight up?)

·
Registered
161 Posts
jamphat said:
how much did you pay ($3/mo, but what would it have cost if you had paid straight up?)
I can't remember exactly but I think it was around $300to $350.

·
Registered
161 Posts
rocky said:
Remote start cost is $86.00 without labor on a 300C
Does it work through the stock remote or is there a separate one? This system sells for $299 without labor. Other systems I have been seeing use a separate remote and that is unacceptable for me. I do not want to carry around two remotes in my pocket. I was already glad to see the key for the charger integrated with the remote.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just called the dealership and it's $299 for the parts and the $165 for the labor. Parts, labor, tax: $497.54.....

Only offers a 12 month/12k mile warranty. If I had indicated I wanted that installed at the time I purchased the vehicle, they would have given me the 3 year/36k mile warranty. Oh well, noone seems to be experiencing any problems with the system, so the 12 month warranty will have to suffice.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KurbyRTHemi said:
Just called the dealership and it's $299 for the parts and the $165 for the labor. Parts, labor, tax: $497.54.....

Only offers a 12 month/12k mile warranty. If I had indicated I wanted that installed at the time I purchased the vehicle, they would have given me the 3 year/36k mile warranty. Oh well, noone seems to be experiencing any problems with the system, so the 12 month warranty will have to suffice.
i just called my dealership and they said 300 for parts, 250 for labor. (600 total)

i think whoever gets the lowest price from their dealership should do it and scan the invoice so that we can all get similar lower prices...

·
Registered
27 Posts
jamphat said:
i just called my dealership and they said 300 for parts, 250 for labor. (600 total)

i think whoever gets the lowest price from their dealership should do it and scan the invoice so that we can all get similar lower prices...
I was quoted $545. Too much for something that I won't use THAT often.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll have my done August 1st. As soon as it is done I will post the install invoice on here, for anyone wanting to challenge their dealership on cost.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KurbyRTHemi said:
I'll have my done August 1st. As soon as it is done I will post the install invoice on here, for anyone wanting to challenge their dealership on cost.
ok, it's time ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah Shrinky, I failed miserably on posting the invoice. I haven't had it done yet, spent the cash on the custom engine cover. As soon as I do get the remote start installed I will post the invoice. Sorry about that man.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts