Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have a remote start installed on my Daytona. (I'm such a suck in winter, I hate the cold).

There is a place that does them in the city I live in, all they do is car audio, and accessories, etc. They did my last remote start.

Should I take it there or have the dealer install one? I don't know if one would be a better idea than the other.

Thanks
KJ

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would like to have a remote start installed on my Daytona. (I'm such a suck in winter, I hate the cold).

There is a place that does them in the city I live in, all they do is car audio, and accessories, etc. They did my last remote start.

Should I take it there or have the dealer install one? I don't know if one would be a better idea than the other.

Thanks
KJ
I had the mopar remote start system installed on my daytona and I am NOT HAPPY with it, it doesnt work half the time and the other half of the time it works, the car shuts off immediately after starting. Ive prolly got it to work properly a dozen times in the year and a half ive had it. If i were going to do remote start again i personally would invest more money in an aftermarket system such as viper or something, and yes ive taken mine to the dealer to get it checked and they always tell me there is "no problem found".

Just my 2cents!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
bump for the OP, im sure there are more opinions out there....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a viper system... never had an issue with the remote start feature on it... Swing a best buy and check them out!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I had the mopar remote start system installed on my daytona and I am NOT HAPPY with it, it doesnt work half the time and the other half of the time it works, the car shuts off immediately after starting. Ive prolly got it to work properly a dozen times in the year and a half ive had it. If i were going to do remote start again i personally would invest more money in an aftermarket system such as viper or something, and yes ive taken mine to the dealer to get it checked and they always tell me there is "no problem found".

Just my 2cents!
Agreed about the factory mopar remote start. I bought now ex daytona and got the remote started added on. well the selling dealer could not get it too work. had to drive 350 km to another dealer and they could not get it too work. back to the selling dealer and they finally got it too work. Went dead a year later and back again to get it fixed. Plus it's an expensive option. Go aftermarket and don't look back.

My Bee came with the remote start built in and works like a charm, just the add on remote start kits sucks

Don

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the dealer installed remote on my charger also. it DID have the same problems as you described. I took it into the dealer after putting up with it for a few months and found out they had a service bulletin out which told them how to correct the problems. It works absolutely flawless now starts first time every time and doesn't die anymore. I would recommend the dealer install now.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have the dealer installed remote on my charger also. it DID have the same problems as you described. I took it into the dealer after putting up with it for a few months and found out they had a service bulletin out which told them how to correct the problems. It works absolutely flawless now starts first time every time and doesn't die anymore. I would recommend the dealer install now.
sad to say work for the dealership that services my car :(

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
I have the Carstar remote start system and I love it - works great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts