Charger Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I've read all the threads on the remote start systems.. I'm pretty good with these systems.. I've installed them in the past 5 cars I've owned... However, 4 of those were Ford vehicles and they required a system that did remote start as well as unlock/lock functions because once thoe vehicles were running, you could not use the factory fob to unlock the doors.. Now, on to my Dodge expepience.. I installed the dodge system on my wifes 2004 Durango.. It has the sentry system and all that fun stuff.. Installation was straight forward and easy.. But it bugs me that I have the extra little remote start fob hanging on the already huge key.. But whatever, it was easy and made my wife happy..

I'm wanting to do a remote start system for the Charger.. I know I have the same dodge option as I did on the durango... And there is also a couple of add on options I've seen people talk about and I understand the function.. Hit the lock button twice and it starts then it will function as a normal remote start system.. Sounds great for what I'm wanting to do.. But it raises a few questions to me.. This method is basicly using the output to your locks to start the vehicle.. Suppose you were to have the car not running and hit the lock button on your door twice.. Does your car start? It would make sense to me that it would.. I know a couple people have these add on systems, I would just like to know if you have run across this or if it does it when you hit the lock button twice in your car...

Thanks for input!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts