Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did read the other post, so I just called my dealer... 375. But its a second key fob. Anyone have info/part number for the one fob version. I really don't want two fobs.

Thanks.
edward

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Your service dept. need to program the remote start fob to unlock the doors, should be simple enough...

·
Registered
161 Posts
AFcharger said:
I did read the other post, so I just called my dealer... 375. But its a second key fob. Anyone have info/part number for the one fob version. I really don't want two fobs.

Thanks.
edward
I bought mine at the same time I purchased my Charger and had it added to the loan. My dealer has a company that does all of this work for them. They came to my house and installed it in about an hour. My system works through my stock key pad, no additional fob needed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I'm gonna have to get you to email me the guys that put that on your car. nuwaub. That is something I definitely would like to have.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
I'm gonna have to get you to email me the guys that put that on your car. nuwaub. That is something I definitely would like to have.
I will get the name of the company and email it to you.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thank You ... and we'll just be the Charger's With Remote Starters Club :rockon: :headbang:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought mine at the same time I purchased my Charger and had it added to the loan. My dealer has a company that does all of this work for them. They came to my house and installed it in about an hour. My system works through my stock key pad, no additional fob needed.
I would like that information as well. Is it a national company/product?

edward

·
Registered
161 Posts
AFcharger said:
I would like that information as well. Is it a national company/product?

edward
I'm not sure if is a national company but I'm sure the product can be purchased nationally. I will get the info and post it in this thread.

·
Registered
331 Posts
nuwaub said:
My system works through my stock key pad, no additional fob needed.
Since there is no "start" button on the regular fob, what do you press to start it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
gweempose said:
Since there is no "start" button on the regular fob, what do you press to start it?
This is how it works:
On the stock remote I hit the lock button once and then hit it again about a second or two later then it starts. You do the same to shut it back off. It will run for 15 min before it turns itself off. So once it is started you insert the key and turn it to the on position and step on the brake, now you are ready to drive. Now if you remote start it and get in and hit the brake before you insert the key it will shut off. Every thing works perfect.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In my current non Charger car the remote start works by pressing the unlock and lock buttons at the same time. I'm sure the Charger start would be a special button press or combo as well.

On a side note I was suprised how much a remote start matters to people. While looking to sell my current car I had to people say they weren't intrested until they noticed it had remote start. Suddenly was oh thats cool I'll call you later. Both did call back within a week, but I had made a deal with a friend for the car.

Of course after having it I can't go back myself and will be getting the remote start when I get my new Charger.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
The name of the company that installed my remote start here in atlanta is SOUTHEAST AUTO ACCESSORIES. They have been doing work for LandMark Dodge for many years.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll look them up when I return.

·
Registered
331 Posts
nuwaub said:
This is how it works:
On the stock remote I hit the lock button once and then hit it again about a second or two later then it starts. You do the same to shut it back off. It will run for 15 min before it turns itself off. So once it is started you insert the key and turn it to the on position and step on the brake, now you are ready to drive. Now if you remote start it and get in and hit the brake before you insert the key it will shut off. Every thing works perfect.
That's really cool. I think the feature is definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
161 Posts
gweempose said:
That's really cool. I think the feature is definitely worth the money.
It eliminates the hassle of having to put 2 remotes in your pocket. Just imagine if Dodge did not integrate the key with the remote, you would have a big key and two remotes to put in your pocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts