Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 07 charger has a the remote key...priced an extra key on ebay for 100.00...i can get a regular sentry key for 15.00 without the remote head..i read in the manual that the regular sentry key will turn off the alarm once the car is started...i have a the factory alarm that came with the car...does anyone have experience with this...thanks ...this would be just a 3rd key hopefully never used...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Not alot but that just doesnt sound correct, they key for the charger must be chiped with a sensor to allow the motor to turn over, so I dont think the sentry key will be something that works for you.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not alot but that just doesnt sound correct, they key for the charger must be chiped with a sensor to allow the motor to turn over, so I dont think the sentry key will be something that works for you.....
i think the sentry key has the chip in it that you program threw the ignition with both original keys...im just under the impression it basically the same just without the remote head....

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Hmm..could be, needs some more looking into I guess. 15 bucks just seems really cheap so I would be leary until you new for sure...

·
Registered
686 Posts
as long as the key you get has the chip(sentry key) it will work. sure you dont have the buttons to open the door or trunk but having that extra key around could save your @$$ down the road . You need 2 good keys to program more. Only have 1 , well the dealer will fix you up $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeap, as he said, it will work. Whendoing the aftermarket alarm/start in my buddies 300c, he just got the 'grey' key and had it programmed.

When I do my alarm/start, I plan to get 2 'grey' keys (I only have the remote key now) so Im not stuck with the alarm fob, and the huge remote key.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for you help....i always like having a 3rd key,and its been too much hassle with my other ford cars...the charger seems easier enough and cheap enough to get the 3rd key....thanks again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts