Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone knows the actual date the SRT8 charger is due to be released. From talking to the dealer, it should be out already.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ignore your delaer:) I'm not sure what you mean by release. Ordering is supposed to open in the dealer computers this morning. As far as when you actually see the first one on the delaers lot, that won't be for a little while yet. Production starts early Sept, and then they have to make their way through the distribution chain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, when it arrives at the dealers is what I mean. I notice when you watch that video on Dodge.com it states in a discaimer that the one in the video is the pre-production model. Does this mean we haven't actually seen the final version of the Charger SRT8, yet? Oh, and my apologies for putting this on the PERFORMANCE/MOD forum...I didnt' realize when I left the post that I was in here. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No problem, moved. I think we're pretty sure you won't see any changes from that car. Thats a standard blurb, which was written most likely some time ago. We've seen pics of fast feeback cars which should be what we get, and those had no differences

The SRT-4, for instance, was initially shown with fewer openings in press shots and magazine tests. Then desert testing revealed that under the most extreme condiditons, it was possible for the motor to get very hot. So two openings were added to production cars. This blurb covers such eventualities.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Charger SRT8 (LXDX48) is now available for review in the Charger code guide.
Ordering on DealerCONNECT will not become available until September 6, 2005
(October allocation period). (08/17/05)

This from the Daimler/Chrysler Daily News

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
CF, thanks.

(pats himself on back for spending quality time with fruity drinks yesterday):)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts