Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I bought a 2006 SE Dodge Charger last week and ever since I left the dealership, a red exclamation mark keeps appearing underneath the fuel gauge and a beep goes off whenever I go more or less slow (I think they might be related, but I'm not sure).

I looked at my manual and I actually couldn't even find what that red exclamation mark means exactly. I found out that a yellow exclamation mark (this one:
) means a problem with the TPMS or low tire pressure, but I've found absolutely nothing on the red one. The manual had the ''BRAKE'' light at the spot where the red thingy shows, instead. It doesn't make sense.

What is that sign, what does it mean? That's the question I'm asking my fellow Chargerbrahz. Thanks in advance. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Low tire pressure is the only one I know too. Hopefully someone will have more info

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Dont suppose you can get a picture of of it? I checked three years owners manuals and got nothing.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ah, from what I can find, it appears that is a variant of the tire pressure warning symbol. Either leftover from 2005, or specific to old rental cars that were low content/fleet cars.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
HOLD ON!!!!!!!! I blew it!!!!!!!! After looking farther (and man, I just dont quit :)) check your parking brake. Could be on just one click, not enough to even apply the darn thing, easy to nudge it with your foot when you get in. So, hit the parking brake release and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
And I'm gonna ding Chrysler of Canada for not putting the owners manuals on the website like the US does :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah, thanks for your perseverance, mate. So the low tire pressure option is scratched off completely?

As for the parking brake, I don't think my car even has one You mean the handbrake, right? No lever or anything and I thought it was standard in 2006 Chargers.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I see the problem... your out of gas...haha... or your parking brake is on 1-2 clicks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see the problem... your out of gas...haha... or your parking brake is on 1-2 clicks...
Oh wait you're right!!... Nah, j/k, it did the same thing when I my tank was half-full lol.

But guise, what's the parking brake? Is it that little pedal to the left?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I feel so stupid that I just noticed this thing now and never bothered to look up what it was. This is most likely the thing causing it.

I'll go out and play with it and see if the light's gone. Will post back soon to let you guys know. But thanks for everything so far. Now have this beer k :beer_yum:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the handbrake indeed. As soon as I pulled on lever on the bottom left of the dashboard just underneath the lights switch, the red exclamation mark was gone.

The worst thing here is that I didn't know the parking brake pedal thing existed 'til now. Thanks for the discovery, guys!

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Glad this was fixed early in the morning, that was awesome lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts