Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the manuel i read it takes 87-89 octane. will super(93) octane do anything for me? i asked the dealership mechanic the other day(the junkie lol) and he said unless your manuel says you can only use super/premium. you'd just be wasting money...

Do you guys use super? and would it do anything extra for my car?

·
Registered
399 Posts
93 wont really do much unless you modify your cars tune with an after market flash tuner like a Predator. Although 93 will probably help at high altitudes.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
In the manuel i read it takes 87-89 octane. will super(93) octane do anything for me? i asked the dealership mechanic the other day(the junkie lol) and he said unless your manuel says you can only use super/premium. you'd just be wasting money...

Do you guys use super? and would it do anything extra for my car?
Without the right compression ratio, more octane will not help. Actually, more octane will slow you down! This can help you understand why!

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105569

Regards,

Brian
440-821-9040 :driving:

·
Registered
171 Posts
with my 3.5L i use Plus fuel or higher, it says Regular (87) is ok, Plus (89) is recommended. Either one should be fine, depends how much you really want to spend on your car.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've ALWAYS used 89. When I had my predator, 91 allllll the way! Good lord I miss my Predator... :(

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've used both as an experiment and found that I get the best gas mileage out of the 89.I don't use anything else now as I regularly get 28-30 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
143 Posts
89 octane for sure I say. My manual recommends 89, doesnt even say anything about 87 octane although ive tried it and the fuel economy is horrible with it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
You should always use 89 as recommended, unless you have the Predator as stated. You will be harming your engine with faster carbon build up if you do not have the 91/93 tune as mentioned. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've used both as an experiment and found that I get the best gas mileage out of the 89.I don't use anything else now as I regularly get 28-30 mpg on the highway.
28-30 dang man i get about 24 on average just using regular

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
28-30 dang man i get about 24 on average just using regular
You have to understand that as you continue to rack up the miles, the injectors get dirty, there are deposits on the plugs and the upper part of the heads etc.

Engines are like boiling a frog. Put him in cold water and bring the temp up slowly, he won't jump out, he will just get boiled.

Likewise, performance is a slow process downwards. This is why we suggest ACES IV and like so many on this forum, they get their engines cleaned from all carbon deposits, produce more power out of their gasolines, and produce lubricity as a reaction to heat. Reduces ring and bore wear by 600%, stem and guide wear by 360%.

There is a difference!!:bigthumb:

Thanks
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
With the wife driving and a lot of in town traffic, we only got 17mpg on our last tank, but I'm not sure if she put in the E-10 89 octane ,or the 87 when she filled up. The E-10 89 is cheaper, so I think that's the nozzle she grabbed even though I try to tell her to use the 87.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts