Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family just moved to Middletown, Delaware in March and I am coming home from Korea (USAF) for a mid-tour vacation :rocker: and NEED to get my windows tinted (35/20). Anybody have any recommendations? Willing to travel a bit to get it done right!

Thanks! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
This is where I had mine done about 2 years ago and it has held up great and they did a great job. I think it cost me about $250.
http://www.rhinoliningsde.com/

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I've had all three of my SRTs done at Winners Window Tint in Annapolis. I just got my Chally done a few days ago...top notch and well priced, check here:

Winners Window Tint
Annapolis Store
1920 West Street
Unit F
Annapolis, MD 21401

phone: 410-266-6788
fax: 410-266-6453
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
My family just moved to Middletown, Delaware in March and I am coming home from Korea (USAF) for a mid-tour vacation :rocker: and NEED to get my windows tinted (35/20). Anybody have any recommendations? Willing to travel a bit to get it done right!

Thanks! :beerchug:
Was that you at the Dover mall a few days ago? If so, great ride you've got there!

I'll have to agree on the suggestion given for the Rhino linings place - they do good work. I've never gotten a vehicle done there but have seen some of there work up close and it looks good, no bubbles, good fit.

Bring us back some soju :beerchug: I've never been to Korea, just heard of the stuff from all my buddies that went.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that was probably me. Just taking the family around to get acclimated with our new surroundings. I've been on the lookout for other chargers...must have missed you. I did see a sublime green Daytona at the Wachovia bank in Middletown...SWEET!

Appreciate the recommendation and I will try them out next week.

As for the soju...you do realize it's the devil, right? It's all fun and games until you wake up the next morning and don't have a clue how you got wherever the hell you woke up!!! Believe me...been there!

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Put up picks when you get her all tinted. I kno you are probably doing 35 Yo avoid tickets but 20-30 looks great too and at any kind of an angle looks alot darker than it is.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put up picks when you get her all tinted. I kno you are probably doing 35 Yo avoid tickets but 20-30 looks great too and at any kind of an angle looks alot darker than it is.
That's exactly why I was going to go with 35/20. I'm new to DE so not sure how the cops are around here. All I know is that I've been home for 4 days and seen at least a half dozen people get pulled over on Rt. 299 in Middletown. I'm sure it was for speeding, but it seems like they are out in full force. My exhaust is loud enough...didn't want to bring any more unwanted attention to the car.

I will def post pix next week after she's complete. Next mod will be new rims, but that will have to wait until I'm back for good in December.

·
Registered
935 Posts
dude we are neighbors, I am right around the block from you. Take your car over to trucks unlimited on levels in middletown. He does great work and very reasonable. We should get up one night at buffalo wild wings in middletown. I can get a bunch of us together at least me and my white charger.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
That's exactly why I was going to go with 35/20. I'm new to DE so not sure how the cops are around here. All I know is that I've been home for 4 days and seen at least a half dozen people get pulled over on Rt. 299 in Middletown. I'm sure it was for speeding, but it seems like they are out in full force. My exhaust is loud enough...didn't want to bring any more unwanted attention to the car.

I will def post pix next week after she's complete. Next mod will be new rims, but that will have to wait until I'm back for good in December.
my buddy has 15 rear and i think 20 fronts, cops wont hassle ya for it as long as u dont P em off

I've had all three of my SRTs done at Winners Window Tint in Annapolis. I just got my Chally done a few days ago...top notch and well priced, check here:

Winners Window Tint
Annapolis Store
1920 West Street
Unit F
Annapolis, MD 21401

phone: 410-266-6788
fax: 410-266-6453
[email protected]
x2, got mine done there, a bit of a drive but they do lifetime warranty too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We should get up one night at buffalo wild wings in middletown. I can get a bunch of us together at least me and my white charger.
That would be cool. I took my oldest son there yesterday for some afternoon wings. Love that place! :beerchug: I have family coming in this week (which is why my tint has to wait for next week) but I'm gain for anytime after that. I head back to Korea 26 Aug.

I'll check out Trucks Unlimited too. I like to support local vendors when possible.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
That would be cool. I took my oldest son there yesterday for some afternoon wings. Love that place! :beerchug: I have family coming in this week (which is why my tint has to wait for next week) but I'm gain for anytime after that. I head back to Korea 26 Aug.

I'll check out Trucks Unlimited too. I like to support local vendors when possible.
I'm always down for some beer.

I live in Odessa so I'm right next to you as well. I've got a white charger with tint and R/T wheels - not to many white chargers down here. I'll introduce myself if I see you around.

I have a tint waiver signed by my doctor but I did get pulled over and get a ticket for my tint before I had the waiver. The trooper that gave me the ticket later killed himself... weird story...

Anyhow - fully charged and I will meet up and drink some beers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got 5% in the back and 15% in the front.. still have stock rims so they think im a cop lol... only problem you have to roll your window down at night to see lol... looks great tho... and in Delaware if you dont have a dr note then there is no tint allowed in front.. here is a pic

·
Registered
935 Posts
Weird....no one mentioned
Formula 1 of Bear, DE

www.gotshadeonline.com

They supported Delaware's big Mopar Madness show last year. Good people. They do great tinting and they also do exterioir vinyl.
OOOPS um yeah got to formula 1. I totally forgot sorry

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Checked out Trucks Unlimited and Formula 1 and both said I would not pass state inspection with 35% front tint w/out a Dr's waiver. How is everyone getting around this?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Where not, we know its illegal, just praying for the best. You wont pass with ANY tint. But its $40 to have it put back on the front. There not bad at pulling you over based on tint alone unless you piss them off. And if you do get pulled over, roll all windows down and turn all interior lights on.

Notice my WINDSHIELD!

lol wish I knew, I was in middletown yesterday.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Checked out Trucks Unlimited and Formula 1 and both said I would not pass state inspection with 35% front tint w/out a Dr's waiver. How is everyone getting around this?
I went years without a waiver. I finally got the waiver from a Dr. that diagnosed me with "Photophobia" ;)

It really helps my eyes now.....

Most doctors will not sign it. The one that did for me is my GP, I've heard others say their allergist signed it. My eye doctor pretty much laughed at me when I asked for it.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Where not, we know its illegal, just praying for the best. You wont pass with ANY tint. But its $40 to have it put back on the front. There not bad at pulling you over based on tint alone unless you piss them off. And if you do get pulled over, roll all windows down and turn all interior lights on.

Notice my WINDSHIELD!

lol wish I knew, I was in middletown yesterday.
Is that new? I don't remember your windshield being tinted before? Whatcha been up to Trev?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts