Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the FCA recall letter that arrived in today's mail, it appears that those of us with '14 Chargers will be getting a new EVAP canister.
Just a heads up.

Don

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,791 Posts
Well I may get the correct part number and do it myself and submit for reimbursement.
The two dealerships local to me are not gonna get their hack hands on my car.

They will not take the wheel off with hand tools using air impact and will not torque them back by hand either.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Powerman:
I will scan my letter, and post it here a bit later. The letter only mentions the '14 models.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Yep, I am on the recall, I put my vin into the recall website and I have 5 total. Reprogram passenger restraint module, passenger airbag inflator, this vaper can, wheel chocks and the alternator that I replaced two years ago.

What are the odds that the dealership will not screw up my PCM programming? My PCM drg file has changed 3 times. Only problem with modifying a car. DIY recalls

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tac:
You sound like a recall hoarder lol! My Charger has had them all except this latest one. It's 40 mile round trip to my dealer, so I try to have another reason to be in the area if possible. To date, no problems with any recalls that I know of.

Don

Reactions: tacamo01

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I see that California residents need to have this done with proof of completion before they will renew the registration. I wonder how many people will get snagged up in this that buy the car and try to register it not knowing the recall hasn't been done. Imagine the running around.

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Charger SXT+ 100th Anniversary Edition
52 Posts
Yeah, I have that recall scheduled for tomorrow. Any idea how long this job is supposed to take? I've already had all the other recalls mentioned completed, but this one is very recent. Good thing too because the cabin wreaks of fuel, and has been, everytime I fill up. I read that the stock vapor cannister doesn't handle the job sufficiently, obviously.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The letter I have attached says about an hour.
Re the fuel smell, you may have a leaking fuel pump seal under the rear seat. You can remove the rear seat, open the access panels, and see if you can see/smell any signs of leakage. There are two pumps, so sure to check both sides.

Don

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had my son take my car in for this recall. It took them about an hour and a half. I'm sure they could have done it in less time, but no big deal. Now all I have to do is drive it! Been sitting in my driveway for weeks now (working from home!).

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Am I the only one that saw it was an emissions nonsense recall and said to hell with it?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,791 Posts
No, I'm with you, the dealerships locl to me one does not want touching their car. I read the manual and I can do it and get reimbursed but not gonna.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 Charger, got the UB4 recall in the mail some time ago, I didn't addressit, but now when I run my VIN, it says "No Open Recalls."?????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts