Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My '07 SXT just came with the regular unit. After seeing what is involved to get a MyGiG I think it might not be worth it for all the trouble to get it working properly. If I were to just get a REC Nav from an '07 is it simply plug and play? I have Sirius so would it work with the new unit when I put it in? What is it I need to get it like I got it from the factory.

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing yet?

I have a Nav Bezel, iPod Integration kit, the REC itself and the GPS Antenna...I have Sirius already but I don't have steering wheel controls or VES.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
It should work just plug and play.

Remove the bezel, remove 4 screws to remove the old radio, remove 4 screws to remove a blastic thingy that holds the smaller radio.

Use a small socket (4mm I think) to remove the vents and what-not from the old bezel and put them on the new larger bezel. Wire the iPod adaptor and then click everything in. I mounted the antenna inbetween the top two vents and used velcro to attach it.

Once you know what you are doing it is about a 20 minute job. I would set aside 60 minutes to do it your first time so you can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Nothing yet?

I have a Nav Bezel, iPod Integration kit, the REC itself and the GPS Antenna...I have Sirius already but I don't have steering wheel controls or VES.
I have a paddle shifter modified wheel with controls and wiring I can sell you. The paddle shifters should work on your car if it is an 07 and if it has a 5 speed tranny.

C.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I have a paddle shifter modified wheel with controls and wiring I can sell you. The paddle shifters should work on your car if it is an 07 and if it has a 5 speed tranny.

C.
I think by steering wheel controls he meant EVIC/Radio controls on his steering wheel.

Not that it would matter if he did have those controls, because they are plug and play like the rest of the stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts