Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems I have joined those who have had the 6-disc changer fail on the REC headunit. I can change discs at will, it loads and unloads fine. Every disc, however, reads disc error.

I tried pulling the fuse to 'reset' the radio, but it didn't have any effect.

I bought this headunit new off of eBay, which was apparently another in a long line of errors on my part. It has functioned flawlessly for months, but now that it is broken, I am up a creek - the seller won't answer my questions regarding a warranty and my dealer... well, it didn't come in the car when I bought it, so...

There is a local place that will repair it, Caton Radio in Caton, MD, but they charge a flat rate of over $600 to repair NAV headunits, regardless of the repairs done. I would then have a warranty for a year on the whole thing, but still...

Anyone have a source for the changer mechanism itself? I'm reasonably competent and pretty sure I can swap the changer out if I had a new one to put in.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm guessing from the deafening silence that no one has sourced the changer itself, eh?

:)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Have you tried using a lens cleaner?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, I sure have.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
If Mr. Incredible can't help you then you may have run out of options. I doubt the dealership will service it since you didn't buy one from them or that it didn't come with your Charger. And since you bought it off of eBay there's a chance that it was stolen out of a Charger. But best of luck to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it wasn't stolen, it was brand new in the box, still had the plastic on the screen and not a mark on it, and the seller seems to move a fair amount of OEM radios. unfortunately, he doesn't appear to offer any sort of warranty, as he hasn't responded to my request for assistance. I'll try Mr. Incredible, thanks!

·
Registered
615 Posts
No, it wasn't stolen, it was brand new in the box, still had the plastic on the screen and not a mark on it, and the seller seems to move a fair amount of OEM radios. unfortunately, he doesn't appear to offer any sort of warranty, as he hasn't responded to my request for assistance. I'll try Mr. Incredible, thanks!
If he hasn't responded after several attempts, then report him to ebay directly. They may get a response out of him, for fear of a bad rep!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I too bought a used 6 disk off a guy, it works fine and all. But I've always wondered if it did break, and I was still under warrenty.....
Would the dealer really know that it didnt come with the car????
I'd doubt they'd go pull the VIN for stuff like that

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They would have to, because Chrysler would be paying for that new headunit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.