Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Its only money, right 馃槄. In the grand scheme, $500 isn鈥檛 much to lose sleep over anyway. It鈥檚 be different if we were looking at a $15k car but we鈥檙e not.
$500 is 1% but the way I see it I lost $1500 since they started cutting the 2021 rebate a month or so ago from the original $3000, so 3% loss with that incentive.

Plus the $1000 Bonus Dollar TDM provided to by Dodge also cannot be used another 2% gone.

So I lost 5%, not insignificant. Now if you pit that against the 0% Interest it's a no brainer, the new $1500 rebate is a joke. Especially compared to the
$4850 Power Dollars on the 2020s there still running TV ads on.
I believe Stelantis cut this to recover increased expenses with scamdemic shortages and material cost increases.

The kicker is this dealer agreed to do the order then when I called to do the sale drops a "condition of the sale" is I must use their financing. Who the hell knows what I'm signing up to with that.

So I'm not doing the deal if I'm forced to use one of their non Chrysler Capital banks. How much are they really getting on one of those finance deals? Do they make a fee just by running a customer through an application? Holdback is $1700.

The Chrysler Capital 0% incentive will save me $3-4K. Way better than $1.5k rebate. I keep my cars.
I can do 2.75% 72 or 2.99% 84 with the credit union. Sometimes they cut another quarter percent with automated or biweekly payments.

Registered
$500 is 1% but the way I see it I lost $1500 since they started cutting the 2021 rebate a month or so ago from the original $3000, so 3% loss with that incentive.

Plus the $1000 Bonus Dollar TDM provided to by Dodge also cannot be used another 2% gone.

So I lost 5%, not insignificant. Now if you pit that against the 0% Interest it's a no brainer, the new $1500 rebate is a joke. Especially compared to the
$4850 Power Dollars on the 2020s there still running TV ads on.
I believe Stelantis cut this to recover increased expenses with scamdemic shortages and material cost increases.

The kicker is this dealer agreed to do the order then when I called to do the sale drops a "condition of the sale" is I must use their financing. Who the hell knows what I'm signing up to with that.

So I'm not doing the deal if I'm forced to use one of their non Chrysler Capital banks. How much are they really getting on one of those finance deals? Do they make a fee just by running a customer through an application? Holdback is $1700.

The Chrysler Capital 0% incentive will save me $3-4K. Way better than $1.5k rebate. I keep my cars.
I can do 2.75% 72 or 2.99% 84 with the credit union. Sometimes they cut another quarter percent with automated or biweekly payments.
I agree but we can't really compare with Power Dollars either. Those are mostly for leftover units (from my understanding), so it could be more of a hassle than it is worth. The chances of getting the exact preferred car is much less, and there will be much more time/expense involved as well.

Yes, the 0% can easily save you some money... again, depending on the deal at hand, etc. For example, if you were to finance $40k at the 2.75 you had specified, it would take close to 32 months for you to break even (with the $1,500 rebate). I don't want to be nosy and ask what your deal entails, but is it that aggressive or is the dealer simply being a pain? I would also be a bit hesitant that I "have" to use one of their financing options.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah it's now "aggressive" in their mind because they can sell a car today for MSRP + $2K and most of them know this and are in fact marking up
Over the sticker.

Last year there were some "internet" pricing dealers giving away cars at Employee pricing (Invoice minus 5%) , today not so much and I have a program code. Apparently not content with the close to $2k holdback and whatever other Factory credits and allowances given to the dealer for profit made on an order sale.

I'm holding out for the 0% or go with my CU worst case. The 0% vs the $1.5k incentive showed $3300 savings difference on the Edmunds calculator. My build is fairly loaded at $57k MSRP.

Registered
Yeah, that sounds like a bad dealer. I can understand not wanting to deal on a car that is sitting on the lot, but a factory hold should have no excuses.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This dealer seems to get good reviews but haven't worked with them before. Probably just doing the dance, will see how/if he comes back on the 0%.

Meanwhile I'll follow up on other contacts, these are 1 hour away or out
of state. Local dealers don't want to do customer builds or the price was MSRP. I guess they are selling cars, mostly used, even with barren lots?? May is usually the busiest month.

Registered
The dealer shouldn't be running your credit if you tell them you're doing your own financing. The last part isn't true either. Credit reports typically recognize and acknowledge credit "shopping", and it should only count as one hard pull. I.e. you are shopping for a lender for your mortgage or are inquiring with multiple auto loan options. (You may apply for 5 auto loans but it will count as one "hit") These types of inquiries WILL almost always affect your credit score, but should do so minimally and temporarily...assuming a person has healthy credit.
Whether a dealer should or shouldn't run a credit check is besides the point. They do it in hopes of talking you into a low interest loan when closing the sale. It the result or the salesman running to seek the managers approval for the sale price. I purchase a new car every 1 1/2 to 2 years and get a cashier's check after the purchase price is agreed. It unavoidable in a dealership to buy a car and not be seated in the "finance ministers" office to close the sale. They will have your vitals before signing and by that time they will have sought funding sources in hope of talking you into taking out a loan.

After i buy a vehicle I will see about 2 hits where the dealership had sought car financing. However, the inquiries made by the dealership only have a minimal impact on a credit report but some of those stay on record for up to, or slightly over a year.

This past year has been weird. I've even had 1 bank that I have a dormant card with do a credit check this past year. I presume to see if there are any defaulted accounts in the midst of Covid, so they can adjust credit limits. The bank card inquiries are not entered as hard hits but I get the alerts when inquiries are made.

Registered
2020 Charger Scat Pack Plus
There is a dealer in North Texas I know of that is marking up Scat Packs $5,000 over MSRP. The market is absolutely insane right now and it seems to be getting even worse by the month. :rolleyes:

Registered
It is really easy to find dealers that are marking up over sticker and posting that price as MSRP on auto trader and similar online sales outlets

Registered
The kicker is this dealer agreed to do the order then when I called to do the sale drops a "condition of the sale" is I must use their financing.
You are not obligated to use their financing.
The dealer can choose not to do business with you I guess. Just like you not coming to terms on sale price. You say 40k, they say 41k. No agreement- no sale.
I think even I you already "made the purchase", at an agreed to price, they could still be shady and say ohh, we messed up on ___. We have to redo the deal and simply not play ball if you don't agree.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You are not obligated to use their financing.
The dealer can choose not to do business with you I guess. Just like you not coming to terms on sale price. You say 40k, they say 41k. No agreement- no sale.
I think even I you already "made the purchase", at an agreed to price, they could still be shady and say ohh, we messed up on ___. We have to redo the deal and simply not play ball if you don't agree.
They seemed to have backed off after I said the 0% @72 with Chrysler Capital makes more sense after the rebate cuts and would like to get preapproved which is thru Chryslercapital.commot their website link.

Said the CC preapproval tells them nothing and still wanted to
Apply thru their wensite.

How did everyone get approved for the
CC 0% Interest rate?

Registered
I got the 0% loan on my 17 SP. No money down. Car was on the lot though.

Knowing my credit was in decent shape, I made the CC 0% loan a condition of the sale. I said I won't buy unless I get the 0% loan. I am sure my credit rating is what earned the 0%. The fact that I made the CC 0% a condition of the sale, kept the other financing pitches at bay.

Registered
Stelantis cut the 2021 rebate from $3000 to $2000 for May. And decided to double down and give it another $500 haircut for June. So it's now a paltry $1500.

So 0% APR is going to save alot more money over a 3% bank rate. Close to $3K difference for my build order.

Can you Sold Order Protect the 0% 72 months on an order? Currently the website lists June 30 expiration.

What kind of credit score and down payment are needed to qualify? I plan to put down about 10%.
Does it work with the Affiliate and Employee Advantage programs?
Or perhaps it's due to the chip shortage as all manufacturers are pulling incentives. Fingers crossed and I'm looking to buy a '22 Scat possibly in the winter (special order) before they get discontinued.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Or perhaps it's due to the chip shortage as all manufacturers are pulling incentives. Fingers crossed and I'm looking to buy a '22 Scat possibly in the winter (special order) before they get discontinued.
Good luck. Your going to get hit with a decent price increase and probably no incentives at the end of the year on a 2022. Wouldn't be surprised the Destinarion fee increase with higher transportation costs and truck driver shortages.
There will be sparse 2021s and we'll be seeing TV Ads for $1500 off on 2021s like on the $4850 Power Dollars on the unobtanium 2020s LOL.

I'm expecting the 0 interest to be whacked next and maybe another $500 haircut on the 2021s. Now is the time to make a move and grab the [email protected] worth $3300 over the $1500, if you plan to keep the car.

Or with The Affiliate program (check the long Employee list or
Join a group as has been mentioned) I believe you can stack the $1500 rebate and a $1000 Bonus Dollars emailer will get you Invoice minus 3%-6%. Key is finding a dealer that will do the
Order, honor the programand not push The MSRP .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The SRT design group was disbanded and development is going into EVs. I'm not expection anything new on the low tiers, maybe they will do something on Redeye/Demon.

Registered
Good luck. Your going to get hit with a decent price increase and probably no incentives at the end of the year on a 2022. Wouldn't be surprised the Destinarion fee increase with higher transportation costs and truck driver shortages.
There will be sparse 2021s and we'll be seeing TV Ads for $1500 off on 2021s like on the $4850 Power Dollars on the unobtanium 2020s LOL.

I'm expecting the 0 interest to be whacked next and maybe another $500 haircut on the 2021s. Now is the time to make a move and grab the [email protected] worth $3300 over the $1500, if you plan to keep the car.

Or with The Affiliate program (check the long Employee list or
Join a group as has been mentioned) I believe you can stack the $1500 rebate and a $1000 Bonus Dollars emailer will get you Invoice minus 3%-6%. Key is finding a dealer that will do the
Order, honor the programand not push The MSRP .
What is the $1000 off bonus dollars emailer that you mentioned? How do you go about getting access to that?

Registered
Dodge has turned into a tightwad Toyota when it comes to discounts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Stelantis bean counters figured out they don't need to offer incentives for work low inventory. Someone got a nice bonus for saving all that dough.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts