Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stelantis cut the 2021 rebate from $3000 to $2000 for May. And decided to double down and give it another $500 haircut for June. So it's now a paltry $1500.

So 0% APR is going to save alot more money over a 3% bank rate. Close to $3K difference for my build order.

Can you Sold Order Protect the 0% 72 months on an order? Currently the website lists June 30 expiration.

What kind of credit score and down payment are needed to qualify? I plan to put down about 10%.
Does it work with the Affiliate and Employee Advantage programs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure what the requirements are for 0%, I’m sure you’d need to have decent score but will also depend on income and credit history. If that’s what you can get then I wouldn’t be putting that much down personally. Its free money they are loaning you so use that 10k to pay off stuff that charges you interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I'm sure that deal is through Chrysler Capital and with at least 10% down and excellent credit.

Chances are the dealer will attempt to search for financing "deals" through other financial institutions so they can get some reserve out of a non chrysler capital source.

One thing I notice everytime I buy a car is a couple hard credit inquiries from the dealer looking for financing sources despite financing it myself. And the more hard inquiries the greater chance it could slightly impact credit score.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm sure that deal is through Chrysler Capital and with at least 10% down and excellent credit.

Chances are the dealer will attempt to search for financing "deals" through other financial institutions so they can get some reserve out of a non chrysler capital source.

One thing I notice everytime I buy a car is a couple hard credit inquiries from the dealer looking for financing sources despite financing it myself. And the more hard inquiries the greater chance it could slightly impact credit score.
My score should be around 750 and can do the 10% down. Wife is over 800 but her income dropped down to almost nothing.

If I tell him I want the 0% instead of the rebate he loses his extra finance dollars. How much is this? I argued the Hard Inquiries, his financing will hit me twice and then one more in the future to refi.

They sent me a dealership link for the financing application. If I just want the factory 0%, how do you apply thru Chrysler capital?

On EPP pricing do they make more than just the hold back? I have the feeling they could dick with me on the price when the car comes in. I don't see how I have any leverage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stelantis cut the 2021 rebate from $3000 to $2000 for May. And decided to double down and give it another $500 haircut for June. So it's now a paltry $1500.

So 0% APR is going to save alot more money over a 3% bank rate. Close to $3K difference for my build order.

Can you Sold Order Protect the 0% 72 months on an order? Currently the website lists June 30 expiration.

What kind of credit score and down payment are needed to qualify? I plan to put down about 10%.
I put an order in for my Charger last week and thought I would be able to get the 0% but the dealer said that only applied to cars on the lot, not for orders so just be weary of that if you are ordering.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Rebates can be sold order protected, the 0% APR generally not.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I put an order in for my Charger last week and thought I would be able to get the 0% but the dealer said that only applied to cars on the lot, not for orders so just be weary of that if you are ordering.
Not true. The 0% CAN be applied to a factory order, assuming the 0% is offered at the time the vehicle arrives at the dealership for delivery.

·
Registered
127 Posts

The dealer shouldn't be running your credit if you tell them you're doing your own financing. The last part isn't true either. Credit reports typically recognize and acknowledge credit "shopping", and it should only count as one hard pull. I.e. you are shopping for a lender for your mortgage or are inquiring with multiple auto loan options. (You may apply for 5 auto loans but it will count as one "hit") These types of inquiries WILL almost always affect your credit score, but should do so minimally and temporarily...assuming a person has healthy credit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not true. The 0% CAN be applied to a factory order, assuming the 0% is offered at the time the vehicle arrives at the dealership for delivery.
Hmm. Alright, I'll have to check that when the car comes in. Do you have a source for that just so I have some proof when I go there?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hmm. Alright, I'll have to check that when the car comes in. Do you have a source for that just so I have some proof when I go there?
No, I don't have any documents showing it. Why would it not be applicable? The dealer could meant that it cannot be applied/assumed to a factory order, due to the chance that it isn't offered at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, I don't have any documents showing it. Why would it not be applicable? The dealer could meant that it cannot be applied/assumed to a factory order, due to the chance that it isn't offered at the time of delivery.
I'm not sure. They did say that if the rebates available at the time of delivery were better than at the time of the order, I would be able to apply the better ones. Otherwise I'd be able to keep the 2k off. But the 0% was not available on factory orders according to them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm not sure. They did say that if the rebates available at the time of delivery were better than at the time of the order, I would be able to apply the better ones. Otherwise I'd be able to keep the 2k off. But the 0% was not available on factory orders according to them.
Either way, I would really run the numbers before jumping to 0% as many do. With my particular deal (obviously down payments, purchase price, credit, etc. vary) I calculated that I would have to have my car a minimum of 4 years just to break even... with taking the 0% APR versus the $2K off. I usually get into a different vehicle about every 2-3 years, so it would be in my best interest to just do the $2K off. (I likely won't have the car for 4 years to see the break-even point)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Either way, I would really run the numbers before jumping to 0% as many do. With my particular deal (obviously down payments, purchase price, credit, etc. vary) I calculated that I would have to have my car a minimum of 4 years just to break even... with taking the 0% APR versus the $2K off. I usually get into a different vehicle about every 2-3 years, so it would be in my best interest to just do the $2K off. (I likely won't have the car for 4 years to see the break-even point)
Yeah I'll have to look at the numbers. When I got my Challenger from the same dealer in 2017, we almost walked out because they said 5% when I had an 800 credit score. This time, we brought that up that we weren't happy about the 5% and they said it would most likely be around 3% this time but they would let me use my bank if I wasn't happy and my bank is around 2.5% right now I believe.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
With the economy being on the ragged edge of taking a dump, I can't imagine even entertaining an auto loan at ANY interest rate.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
81 Posts
With the economy being on the ragged edge of taking a dump, I can't imagine even entertaining an auto loan at ANY interest rate.
ROFL !!!

I have 4 car loans, live for today.....................

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
ROFL !!!

I have 4 car loans, live for today.....................
Live for today, but don't take totally unnecessary risks. I have a whole bunch of young engineers that are making 100-300k/year who think just like that. Making all that money and they are barely saving a dime. It's that kind of thinking that leads people to 3 squares of Friskies a day when they get old. What goes up can (and often does) go down.

Best,

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's down to $1500 now.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack WB
81 Posts
Worth the coin all day long...............

1 - 20 of 43 Posts