Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh this is just great. We went out of town for a few days, my wife and daughter was sitting in the back when my wife noticed that water has been coming in the top of the rear window. Anyone seen the same signs? I'm still out of town so I really don't have any way to really get in there and see what it is.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Nope, not mine and I don't recall reading about anyone else with that problem.

Do you have a sunroof? That adds a whole new place where a leak can start. For mine, when I had it in to fix the "rattle", they neglected to reattach the drain tube / hose, so that leaked every time in heavy rain. It ran down the drivers side forward headliner, down the A pillar cover, and dripped out from behind the cover in front of the kick panel, on to the floor.

I suppose it's possible that a sunroof leak may do a similar thing, following the headliner backwards instead. I guess my point here is I've seen the headliner act as a gutter, taking a leak away from the spot it originated from.

On mine, it did eventually start to soak through the headliner also, so you could touch it with your finger and it would wet your finger, but did not drip through on its own, the water preferred to run away due to gravity rather than soak completely through and drip.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Nope, not mine and I don't recall reading about anyone else with that problem.

Do you have a sunroof? That adds a whole new place where a leak can start. For mine, when I had it in to fix the "rattle", they neglected to reattach the drain tube / hose, so that leaked every time in heavy rain. It ran down the drivers side forward headliner, down the A pillar cover, and dripped out from behind the cover in front of the kick panel, on to the floor.

I suppose it's possible that a sunroof leak may do a similar thing, following the headliner backwards instead. I guess my point here is I've seen the headliner act as a gutter, taking a leak away from the spot it originated from.

On mine, it did eventually start to soak through the headliner also, so you could touch it with your finger and it would wet your finger, but did not drip through on its own, the water preferred to run away due to gravity rather than soak completely through and drip.
X2 Haven't had any problems like that, but it sounds like a possible explanation given the number of problems there have been with sunroofs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I don't have sunroof. I'm going to have one of the guys at the body shop check it out when I get home. I'll keep posted on what they find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts