Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before you breeze over this post, this one is not the usual what is better or what fits what.

I am looking a rear spoiler like the R/T style made out of FIBREGLASS like the OEM ones are.

I do NOT want ABS plastic. Does anyone have info who makes or sells one that is cheaper than Dodge?

If anyone has a used factory one for sale I would be intereseted also.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
didn't he say he wanted fiberglass, and specifically said 'not abs'? i checked those two sites, and both are selling the blow molded plastic spoilers.

i've been looking myself for a while now and would like to buy one, but without ever knowingly seeing one of these plastic ones, i have no idea what kind of quality (or lack of) i could expect to find. i found a site just a bit ago that was selling fiberglass daytona style for a very reasonable price.. tho slightly higher than the plastics as you'd probably expect. i'll see if i can find it and post it up here.

steve, have you already purchased one from somewhere or still looking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
found it, quickspoiler.com and they have fiberglass, painted models for $204 right now. anybody else have any opinions on the spoilers? fiberglass vs plastic? i have to think that the factory style fiberglass ones are probably much more solid, and probably of higher quality, and the plastic sellers advertise 'lighter' and won't crack like fiberglass... but if it's so much cheaper and so much better, why wouldn't dodge put them on?? ha, just my thoughts. plus, how rough are you on a spoiler, it's not like it's gotta be built to support somebody accidentally jumping on it or something....

anyhow, please chime in if you have any thoughts on adding aftermarket (non-$400+) spoiler to a charger! Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered my spoiler from the spoiler store and it looks great it came with all needed hardware to install and it came painted it was way cheaper then dodge, by half the price. it took me about 45 minutes to install.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually found a factory one that was sitting on a shelf when a local dealer was shut down. Got a heck of a good deal on it.

Steve

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
check out member illss he is always parting out srt's, he's got a new post today rear spoiler $150 shipped

·
Registered
3 Posts
always my luck, day late, and a buck short! i bought one from ebay, and would of MUCH rather got that oem one from him. his price is perfect too! guess i need to wait for answers before i get impatient and go off buying things next time!

thank you regardless tho, i'll keep this in mind next time i'm looking for something..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts