Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the rear seat video system, and if so, is the arm rest that contains it uncomfortable? I just noticed some pictures of the arm rest last night and it looks very sloped, and uncomfortable. I ordered it on my Charger for my son, but I'm thinking that I might just change that order, and use a portable DVD player for him. That arm rest looks much taller than the standard arm rest too. Can anyone that has this option comment on how they like it?

Thanks all,
GH

·
Registered
75 Posts
It doesn't bother me much but I'd suggest going to the dealer and cheacking some out that have it. The dealer by me all the cars had it except mine. I had to install it after purchasing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here's a great alternative to the factory system.

I just bought a 10" widescreen Audiovox portable unit in my R/T for when my grandson is in the car. For $499 MSRP ($417.99 at Amazon), the Audiovox D1020 is great. It comes with 2 wireless headphones; auto power adapter with built-in FM modulator (if you want the sound to go through the car audio system); AC adapter for home use; and twin speakers that attach to the unit for car or home use. It easily attaches to the back of the front seats with straps that go underneath the head rests. For about a third of the cost of the factory unit, you get functionality similar to the factory unit; a larger screen; and the ability to move it from car to car (my daughter had it in her Civic yesterday).

·
Registered
290 Posts
I Have It On My Car And The Arm Rest Seems Fine To Me... Not A Problem And What The Cool Thing Is You Can Tuck It Back In The Arm Rest And It Won't Be Destroyed.. I Worried About Getting Aftermarket Like In The Headliner But When Driving It Blocks The Rearview Of The Car... And As Far As On The Headrests I Felt That My Daughter Would Be Putting Her Fingers All Over It While Getting In And Out Of The Car.. For Me (and Just My Opinion) Arm Rest Is The Way To Go.. Hopefully I Help You Out.. Or Confused You... Lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. BadHemi, :)

Could you please post a picture of the back side of the arm rest (from the back seat area). Every picture I have seen neglects to show you the back side of the arm rest...and from the looks of it constantly sloping up toward the back of the car, I wonder how tall it gets. Not a big deal if you don't want too, just curious.

Thanks Sir.

I'll have to go take a look at it in person tomorrow if I can find one. I still have time to change my order with the pending strike I think.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'LL TRY TO GET A GOOD PICTURE ASAP.. IN THE MEAN TIME TRY GOING TO WWW.LEEPARTS.COM AND GO TO INTERIOR ACCESSORIES, YOU WILL SEE A REAR PIC OF THE DVD... HOPE THIS HELPS TILL I CAN GET YOU ANOTHER PIC...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Sir...I appreciate it! I'll go the site you suggested as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts