Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the rear quarter panel on the Charger is kinda "loose"? What I mean is it has a lot of wobble if you move it? I've never seen a car with this, other cars that I've owned had a stab. bar in that area to prevent this.

other noticealbe problem, My AC froze up going out to Palm Springs the other day, but I guess any car will do that in 115 deg heat.

Does anyone know if a cold air intake or aftermarket magnaflow cat-back system will void the warrenty
thanks
John

·
Registered
161 Posts
johnrx said:
Has anyone noticed that the rear quarter panel on the Charger is kinda "loose"? What I mean is it has a lot of wobble if you move it? I've never seen a car with this, other cars that I've owned had a stab. bar in that area to prevent this.

other noticealbe problem, My AC froze up going out to Palm Springs the other day, but I guess any car will do that in 115 deg heat.

Does anyone know if a cold air intake or aftermarket magnaflow cat-back system will void the warrenty
thanks
John
I noticed the wobble also, I thought that was kinda strange. I have never seen that much play either.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I notice it every time I clean it, wax it, whatever. It's never broken and I don't flex it too hard, so I just leave it. It's fine.

Also, your A/C froze-up?? :confused: I've been in the heat of Vegas and the ac works great. I'm sure guys from Phoenix can tell you too.

:cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Checked mine out, and what you are talking about is the Rear Bumber cover that wraps around underneath the actual rear quarters. This bumber cover is plastic/rubber. I have owned several vehicles and have never had one with a plastic/rubber lower wrap/bumper cover that was rigid and stiff (i.e. as metal is). In other words this is not an issue with your cars it is normal. However, there maybe some aftermarket way to stiffen it, such as as on braces??? Anyway, its not a big deal to me as I am not concerned in the least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.