Charger Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
LOL. Water in the tail lights after washing has nothing to do with his issue. His issue is driving on dirty wet roads. A few drops from his tail lights wouldn’t even be noticed under all that gunk. You must get a commission on those Master Blasters. I own one and they are great but it does nothing to keep my car clean.
I gotta agree with Junkman2000 on this one my friend. Yes what you say it true but the water in the taillights is real my friend. It gets all caught all around the cracks. The first time I washed my 19 Charger I noticed this. Just habit on my 20.

LOL. Water in the tail lights after washing has nothing to do with his issue. His issue is driving on dirty wet roads. A few drops from his tail lights wouldn’t even be noticed under all that gunk. You must get a commission on those Master Blasters. I own one and they are great but it does nothing to keep my car clean.
No commission here, just rock solid advice. You clearly don't understand WHY the Master Blaster is so important to the care and protection of your paint. The Master Blaster eliminates the necessity for you to WIPE on your paint, which is the number one reason for paint damage.

This is not rocket science, it's COMMON SENSE. Why you supposedly bought a Master Blaster without understanding the importance of using one speaks volumes for your paint care regime. The less you touch your paint, the less opportunity there is for you to damage your paint. Thus, if you eliminate as many opportunities that there are to touch your paint, you simultaneously eliminate opportunities to create paint damage. THAT is the reason the Master Blaster is an effective tool in saving the finish on your car. There are no clear coat fairies. You only have so much clear coat on your paint and every time you fix it, you REMOVE some of that protection. So by eliminating the opportunity to create damage, you also prolong the protection that the clear coat provides.

I've been doing this since the 80's. I sleep and dream this stuff so a lot of thinking has went into what I preach. But the simplicity of what I preach makes is so simple to understand that kids actually watch my videos. It's that simple to understand. The less you touch your paint, the less damage you will do to your paint.

COMMON SENSE.😉

I gotta agree with Junkman2000 on this one my friend. Yes what you say it true but the water in the taillights is real my friend. It gets all caught all around the cracks. The first time I washed my 19 Charger I noticed this. Just habit on my 20.
We are on the same page. 🙂👍

Reactions: Mantis
No commission here, just rock solid advice. You clearly don't understand WHY the Master Blaster is so important to the care and protection of your paint. The Master Blaster eliminates the necessity for you to WIPE on your paint, which is the number one reason for paint damage.

This is not rocket science, it's COMMON SENSE. Why you supposedly bought a Master Blaster without understanding the importance of using one speaks volumes for your paint care regime. The less you touch your paint, the less opportunity there is for you to damage your paint. Thus, if you eliminate as many opportunities that there are to touch your paint, you simultaneously eliminate opportunities to create paint damage. THAT is the reason the Master Blaster is an effective tool in saving the finish on your car. There are no clear coat fairies. You only have so much clear coat on your paint and every time you fix it, you REMOVE some of that protection. So by eliminating the opportunity to create damage, you also prolong the protection that the clear coat provides.

I've been doing this since the 80's. I sleep and dream this stuff so a lot of thinking has went into what I preach. But the simplicity of what I preach makes is so simple to understand that kids actually watch my videos. It's that simple to understand. The less you touch your paint, the less damage you will do to your paint.

COMMON SENSE.😉
The original post was not about how to properly wash and dry your car. The dude was asking why the rear of these cars collects so much dirt and road film than the rest of the car. The reason is the design of the car. Using a Master Blaster won’t prevent that as you suggest. I own one and use it after I hand wash. The rear of my car still gets dirty when I drive on dirty wet roads.

I own a Master Blaster and use it to dry my car following a hand wash. I know where water collects. The back of my car still gets dirty when I drive on wet muddy roads. Junk man claims that using a Master Blaster will keep the back of the car clean. Read his post again. Perhaps that’s not what he meant.

You pretty much need high pressure water to clear out all the body seams and nooks and crannies around the tail lights and race track that dust and dirt settles into. And then open the trunk and clean the weather seals and rubber flaps above the tail lights really good. If you don't do that all of that junk will eventually find its way onto the lip of the back bumper. But no matter how clean the back end is, the draft behind the moving car will deposit dust from the road onto the back end in 2 blocks,

Show of hands to see who is a compulsive car washer: You are on vacation traveling across the states. How many times would you stop at a car wash along the way each day?

Me: It stays dirty for about a week.

I own a Master Blaster and use it to dry my car following a hand wash. I know where water collects. The back of my car still gets dirty when I drive on wet muddy roads. Junk man claims that using a Master Blaster will keep the back of the car clean. Read his post again. Perhaps that’s not what he meant.
I don't think that's what he meant , I know exactly what he is talking about. I'm a retired Detailer but still detail my own cars just like a Professional would. Not blowing out the water in the cracks will cause more water spots, more dirt collection around that area. It will not prevent Dirt from getting there just reduce it. I know this I own 2 Chargers a 19 and a 20.
His car is filthy on the back and by adding mud guards might also help reduce the amount of dirt and grime collect there. I didn't try this out but it's something no one addressed as far as what I read. I think it's a pretty good idea to try them out as they have more benefits then just reducing dirt build up on the back of the car.

You pretty much need high pressure water to clear out all the body seams and nooks and crannies around the tail lights and race track that dust and dirt settles into. And then open the trunk and clean the weather seals and rubber flaps above the tail lights really good. If you don't do that all of that junk will eventually find its way onto the lip of the back bumper. But no matter how clean the back end is, the draft behind the moving car will deposit dust from the road onto the back end in 2 blocks,

Show of hands to see who is a compulsive car washer: You are on vacation traveling across the states. How many times would you stop at a car wash along the way each day?

Me: It stays dirty for about a week.
If I didn't own a Black car , I would stop at a local on a trip soft cloth car wash but also have a kit in the back to wipe up and clean up what the car wash missed. They never do a proper job but they can get off most of the highway mess you collect while on Vacation. My wife thinks there is something wrong with me why I keep a small detail kit in the back like an emergency kit LOL. With my Pitch Black I'm less inclined to rub on it as I do with the Plumb Crazy Purple which is awesome for hiding swirls and light wash scratches and Whilte Knuckle which is even better at hiding any paint scratch anything. White is absolutely the best color for anal people like myself.

... Junk man claims that using a Master Blaster will keep the back of the car clean.
No, you misunderstood what I meant. Mantis nailed it. The back of both of my Vettes have nooks and crannies that hold on to water like buckets. The second you leave the first stoplight, all that water comes dripping out of those nooks and crannies, which ASSIST in creating a mess all over the tail end of the car. By blowing all that water out of those nooks and crannies, you eliminate that from happening and all you end up with is a light film of dust on the tail end of the car. You will never stop the dust from getting there because of the car's aerodynamics but you can drastically eliminate the dirt building up quickly and looking like a complete mess.

I don't drive my sports cars in the rain or on days when I think it might rain. I have a all-weather car for that. My babies only come out on the nice days and pretty much stay parked during the winter. Even with that, dust will build up on the back of my car but only about a days worth because I wash it and then cover it before I put it away. I can wash my car year round INSIDE my garage because I have a heated garage with a 3" drain. Water drains off the floor or dries up pretty quickly because I will have the heat on full blast when I am out there during the winter. Hell, I can go shirtless and still be nice and toasty. 😁

No, you misunderstood what I meant. Mantis nailed it. The back of both of my Vettes have nooks and crannies that hold on to water like buckets. The second you leave the first stoplight, all that water comes dripping out of those nooks and crannies, which ASSIST in creating a mess all over the tail end of the car. By blowing all that water out of those nooks and crannies, you eliminate that from happening and all you end up with is a light film of dust on the tail end of the car. You will never stop the dust from getting there because of the car's aerodynamics but you can drastically eliminate the dirt building up quickly and looking like a complete mess.

I don't drive my sports cars in the rain or on days when I think it might rain. I have a all-weather car for that. My babies only come out on the nice days and pretty much stay parked during the winter. Even with that, dust will build up on the back of my car but only about a days worth because I wash it and then cover it before I put it away. I can wash my car year round INSIDE my garage because I have a heated garage with a 3" drain. Water drains off the floor or dries up pretty quickly because I will have the heat on full blast when I am out there during the winter. Hell, I can go shirtless and still be nice and toasty. 😁

View attachment 296688
I'm jealous , my garage does not have a drain, didn't think of that when we built the house. At that time I was just excited to have a 2 car garage. I also don't have a heater but I can change that with these nice wall mount heat and coll units that you run a exhaust outside. That might be in my near future. It gets stupid hot in the summer and freezing cold here in the winter.

I got lucky. My house was built in 1890 and the garage where I park my cars was actually a barn/carriage house where the police kept their horses and buggies. The horse stables are still there but no more buggies! I use the stables for storage. I still actually have the sign the police use to have hanging over the garage. They use to wash the horses off inside the barn and thus the drain. I can open the doors to both cars without them touching so needless to say, I love that size. They really don't make garages that big anymore unless you specify it or spend some loot. The barn is part of the carriage house that sits behind the main house.

That's really cool and unique. My house was built in 2003 which we waited 2 years ford to issues with the drainage design. They had to re engineer it from the ground up. Sucked killed about a year for that so we waited.
My garage is only 20 x 20 so if I put 2 cars in there you have to be careful opening the inside doors. The Scat pack fits with a 18 inch tool box in front of it but there is only so many inches left behind the car and to the tool box. I can walk past the tool but it's tight and close to the garage door.
If I could re design it I would have made it 24 x 24 with a drain or 28 x 28 to give way more room and I would have had it climate controlled. Just didn't think of any of that during construction. I'm happy to have a garage , last home did not have one.

The older you get, the more time you'll spend at home. Get a big office or a big garage or both. That's where you'll probably spend a lot of time. I know I do, but then I also work from home. Taking care of your pride and joy can be time consuming so if you're going to spend time in there, you may as well make it comfortable. I spend most of my time in here, uploading and editing those videos I have on Youtube. I accidentally deleted a bunch of them so it looks like I am going to be making a whole lot more.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.