Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to find best setup for me, i have 400 stroker that i plan on boosting in the future. Still my DD. Which getrag maybe the best? 3.06,323,355,373? And where can i get it for decent price. I can only find 306 and 392 right now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
So in the future...will this be a dedicated track car? Or do you plan on keeping is as a DD?

The higher gears like 3.92 can be a little harsh on the streets and annoy some with the high RPM range while cruising on the freeway. Everyone is different though!

The optimal gears for a track dedicated car are 4.10 (from what I've read on here).

Best of both worlds (street and track) will be the 3.23 or 3.55.

Unfortunately those two set ups usually run a bit more in price than the 3.06 or 3.92.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So in the future...will this be a dedicated track car? Or do you plan on keeping is as a DD?

The higher gears like 3.92 can be a little harsh on the streets and annoy some with the high RPM range while cruising on the freeway. Everyone is different though!

The optimal gears for a track dedicated car are 4.10 (from what I've read on here).

Best of both worlds (street and track) will be the 3.23 or 3.55.

Unfortunately those two set ups usually run a bit more in price than the 3.06 or 3.92.

Still will be a street car, and i know your suppose to go by the power you make because some gears can hurt more then help, dont want to loose too much top end, its only a 5spd and boost is for top end

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I've honestly hardly noticed a cruising difference jumping from driving the 426 with 373s to the regular SRT 306s, both driven almost daily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts