Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so last night on my way home from work i was stopped with my blinker on making a legal left turn and was waiting for the oncoming traffic to stop when out of nowhere this chick slams into me, talk about scaring the living sh!t outta me, i almost pissed myself it was so surprising. she was going about 30-40 or so and i was completely stopped, she just wasn't paying attention (god knows how she could miss a HUGE white car, but w/e) she was driving a grand Cherokee (which had almost no visible damage) but her radiator was crushed, cause it started dumping fluid almost immediately. but long story short i ended up knowing the chick (best friends brothers ex-girlfriend) and she totally knew she was in the wrong, and told her insurance it was 100% her fault, so now comes finding a good shop and driving a rental for a couple weeks till its fixed.

but i wanted to get some opinions from you guys regarding getting some aftermarket stuff outta this mess :grin: , cause their gonna have to replace at least the taillights, bumper, trunk, and possibly the right fender, and maby the rear window, cause the trunk is pushed up against it, but i cant tell how hard. i really want the taillights from 402 motoring (i think thats who has em) that are painted on the sides. I'm pretty sure i can get those, but who thinks its possible to get a wing and rear air dam done as well? or maby anything else, let me know

oh yea, and heres some pics, you cant really see, but i can reach my hand into the trunk :knockout: , oh and in the pics the left tail-light and area looks OK, but in person their all jacked outta position as well, and your seeing it correctly, the right tail-light is held on purely with duct tape:smoke:

[edit] forgot to add that no one was hurt, my traps are just sore ass hell

·
Registered
180 Posts
OWWWWW!!!! At least she admitted fault. And glad everyone was OK. Insurance companies are funny about collision damage. They usually will only pay bottom dollar EXACTLY what the adjuster says it should cost and you'd be hard pressed to get extra cash out of the deal unless you went to court. Does not seem like something you would want to do with someone you know.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
it will never drive the same, total it and get an SRT8 :grin: :lol: jk, sorry about the troubles bro! I think you should be able to get the spoiler and rear diffuser along with your tail lights out of this though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will never drive the same, total it and get an SRT8 :grin: :lol: jk, sorry about the troubles bro! I think you should be able to get the spoiler and rear diffuser along with your tail lights out of this though.
hahaha, thats exactly what i was thinking as i was getting outta my car was "please be totaled so i can get one of those plum crazy srt's" :grin: haha, dont get me wrong, i love my car more than anything, and ill be stoked if they can fix it, but lets just put it this way, you wont see any tears from me if it is totaled:lol:, but yea i would think that the spoiler/diffuser are cheap enough that they could throw em on without much trouble

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always hate seeing this post, sorry for you lose.
thanks man, i appreciate it, but its really not that huge of a deal since they claimed full responsibility, so now its just a matter of time that i get her back in my loving arms :grin:

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
It sucks when you're not doing anything wrong and get rear ended :( Good luck with the repairs! That car had slowed considerably before she hit you.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
The quarter panel concerns me...... this will cause some pretty good work to be done. Hope everything works out. Dont forget to mentions the 300 cd's in the trunk which shattered with the impact and must be replaced! lol

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You are actually really lucky the impact didn't throw you out into oncoming traffic. That could have been deadly. I feel for ya though, it sure is a hassle. And lucky you're not hurt, I got hit in a rear end (not in the Charger though) and I have had years of back and neck pain since. Sometimes it takes a few days for those injuries to set in, don't be too quick to say you're not hurt.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I like it.
Duct tape mod:)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The quarter panel concerns me...... this will cause some pretty good work to be done.
I was gonna say the same thing. The fenders (front) are easily replaceable; while the 1/4's are a lot trickier. Do a lot of reserach before you sign the papers to allow body shop to work on your car. Do you know which insurance company she had? That will also determine the quality of the repairs....If worst comes to worst; you can file with your company; get it done; and then they will go after her company for the money. But it shouldnt count against you.

Sometimes it takes a few days for those injuries to set in, don't be too quick to say you're not hurt.

I agree with her too. I was in an accident a few years back and it took a few days for the soreness to kick in. Sometimes I still get terrible headaches out of no where... DO NOT hesitate to go to the doctor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, heres an update, since the girl said she had 100% responsibility, her insurance company is treating me like a king :grin:, they said technically im not supposed to get a rental car until my car is in the shop, but i told them i wasn't comfortable driving my car in the condition its in, so they said i could get the rental early, then i call the rental place and they said the insurance co. only cleared me for a sub-compact, like a frigging aveo or something, well that just wasn't gonna work, so i called the insurance lady i was talking to and said there was no way that was gonna fly, and im a big guy so i needed something that was as close to my cars size as possible, so long story short, ive got a really nice silver hemi dodge ram quad cab for the next couple weeks :grin: gotta love it.
oh they are farmers insurance btw
and im going to be taking my baby to pretty well known shop in Santa Ana called California classics, they are supposed to be extremely meticulous and do very good jobs, but ill be checking them out and asking a lot of Q's before i leave the car there. oh and the owner of the shop is an old old friend of a buddy of mines dad, so heel be taking good care of any "special" requests i have, im pretty stoked about that.
so all in all its been a long ass day on the phone, but worth it because of how fast things are getting set in motion, ill be bringing the car tomorrow afternoon to the shop, and the claim guy is gonna go look at it early Thursday morn, then they can fix the damn thing.

AAAHHHHHHH!!!! i just want my damn charger back to looking sexy!!!

(sorry i wrote so much, i had to tell someone about all that crap, and my gf got bored like halfway through:knockout: )

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yea, and i forgot to add, i know for a fact that im not messed up past having traps that are sore as hell, because my dad is a very well known chiropractor, and i had him do a full checkout on me, and because of all the damage ive done in the gym to my spine, theres a chance the damn accident might have actually helped my spine:lol: (kidding) no but seriously he said im fine, so ive got no worries other than the car

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't know if it's too late or not, but you can always get the keyhole on your truck shaved. I always try to get something out of accidents when insurance is paying for it. you just have to talk to the body shop that is doing the work, you can even tell them that they can make some more money themselves by saying that you had them tow your car into their shop (if you didn't have it towed). It's all up to the shop, just be blunt with them. Odds are they are already making the most out of your situation. You can also tell them that you will pay the difference that it costs to get those 402 tail lights that you want. Since they have to get new ones anyways, give them the difference. Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know if it's too late or not, but you can always get the keyhole on your truck shaved. I always try to get something out of accidents when insurance is paying for it. you just have to talk to the body shop that is doing the work, you can even tell them that they can make some more money themselves by saying that you had them tow your car into their shop (if you didn't have it towed). It's all up to the shop, just be blunt with them. Odds are they are already making the most out of your situation. You can also tell them that you will pay the difference that it costs to get those 402 tail lights that you want. Since they have to get new ones anyways, give them the difference. Good Luck to you.

yea, thanks for the idea, i actualy thought the exact thing you said about 2 days to late for them to be able to do it, so i guess ill just have to get it shaved at a later date

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok and that the baby is in good hands. Be meticulous before signing for her too. DOnt accept anything less than premium work and craftsmanship.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Good to hear you are fine. I feel your pain,Chargers seem to be magnets for accidents. Best luck with the repairs.

Rex

·
Premium Member
11,946 Posts
Ouch. I hate seeing pics like that. Luckily it can be fixed and I'm glad to hear that you are ok. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts