Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a different gear ration available for the charger. I saw where there is an optional 3:92 ration for the 2008 and was wondering if this is available aftermarket.

Jim

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
3.92??? Where did you see that...I think that must have been a typo, stock is 3.06, so w 3.92 the MPG woudl be single digits so I highly doubt the factory would offer it.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Is there a different gear ration available for the charger. I saw where there is an optional 3:92 ration for the 2008 and was wondering if this is available aftermarket.

Jim
No gears yet for these cars, but we are all patiently waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was listed as an option for the 2008 charger under the build your car. Gas mileage would not drop to single digits. The car has two over drives. In fact, in the city, gas mileage may not drop at all. It would drop some above 60 mph, but I doubt it would drop that much under normal driving. The main reason gas mileage would drop is because none of us could keep our foot out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad, I guess I was looking at the 6 cylinder car before I changed it to a daytona. That has the 3.90 gear. Crap

·
Registered
51 Posts
3.90 would be way too steep for one of these cars IMO, even with 2.82's it comes pretty close to the 1st gear ratio of a 727 w/3.55's, I'd love to have a set in the 3.2-3.3 range but theres no aftermarket support yet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts