Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone who has removed their rear emblem. Is the any guide holes on the trunk when you remove the Emblem...I do not want anything on my trunk...but I don't wanna deal with filling holes. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My trunk lid has a metal defect exactly underneath the ram's head badge. Had to put it back on. Pity, because I really liked the rear with no badges.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
All the badges and rams head on the trunk are held on using double sided tape. I just used dental floss to get it started and then ripped it off. Billet Tech makes great emblems to replace the rams head.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ironic that I'd come home to see a thread like this today... I'm this close to ripping off the ram emblem, Charger and SXT plates... nice hot sweaty day here today to make it even easier...

... and then on the way home I see a black SXT with a quiet dual exhaust and a graphics kit (black on black) that appeared to be a factory product, something like "Dodge Street" or something on the side decals. The rear had a black decal (again black on black) with the Charger and SXT cut out of the decal. From a distance it looked perfectly clean but up close you saw the Charger and SXT where they usually are... looked sweet !

I think I want a black-out decal on the trunk with the classic old Charger script in the bottom-right... someone here has this and I think it looked great.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Don't take off your emblems, you'll have a 2 inch hole on your trunk.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Don't take off your emblems, you'll have a 2 inch hole on your trunk.
How are you going to have a 2 inch hole in your trunk if you take off the emblems? Are you taking them off with a pry bar?? :knockout:

Here is a pic of what I replaced my rams head with.:grin:

·
Registered
503 Posts
No you won't. I just took mine off ;)

Was gonna take off the CHARGER and SXT but then realized they are individual letters.. ugh I guess I'll do this in stages !

Lucky I did this.. just noticed a wee speck of rust just under where the emblem was !!! ugh

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
For some reason I thought the trunk had an indent where the ram was, if not, it is gone tomorrow!!! I replaced the rear Charger with a script emblem and waiting for the dual pipes before the SXT goes as well!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No you won't. I just took mine off ;)

Was gonna take off the CHARGER and SXT but then realized they are individual letters.. ugh I guess I'll do this in stages !

Lucky I did this.. just noticed a wee speck of rust just under where the emblem was !!! ugh
Thank You all for the insight, I am installing my rear spoiler on Monday when it shows up and all the badges are coming off:devil:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hey anyone who has removed their rear emblem. Is the any guide holes on the trunk when you remove the Emblem...I do not want anything on my trunk...but I don't wanna deal with filling holes. :rockon:
I removed my Charger Emblem and replaced it with a 73 Charger emblem

·
Registered
503 Posts
Ok I took off the Charger and SXT plates today... broke the top of the E off oops :p everything else came off without a hitch. I'll either get the blackout decal with the classic Charger script cut out of the bottom-right or I'll just grab the old name plate like dispdan311.

Looked at the back of my bright silver metallic Charger... and looked great except for the blacked-out trunk key... something I've never actually used is obscuring my view of perfection !!! ugh.

Took the key cylinder off (pretty easy) and using the touch-up paint to make it body colour... second coat just went on and there's brush strokes all over it lol will wait an hour or more for it to cure and then try some superfine wet sandpapering, if it's not working out maybe I'll just sand all the way past the black-out paint and go with basic old steel/aluminum look until I can grab a can of body-match spray paint and try all over again.

This is reminding me of when I was young and tried to paint my first plastic model with Testors and a brush :p only this is a real car !! lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
lol ok I sanded off the body colour touch-up paint AND the black "anodized" dealie... left the ring of body colour paint on the black washer/gasket but sanded it down on the inside edges on back to ensure it's still waterproof.. and here it is.

IMHO a bit too plain and a bit too much attention still pulled to the "belly button"... too bad they didn't just forget about the whole trunk keyhole concept... seems like a bit of a throwback, but then again the battery is back there.. but an emergency cable to the passenger compartment would have worked fine.

Only one problem.. now if I choose the decal route I'll regret going to steel on the key receptacle !! Guess I'll go with a classic Charger script plate.

Ashamed to admit that part of me regrets peeling off the SXT... that differentiated my ride from the "masses"... but I'm working on killing that conspicuous consumption-loving part of me with beer now :p

And now that there is fresh paint "somewhere" on my ride I had to put off the full clay bar treatment until it cures lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I removed all emblems and shaved my trunk lock. If you don't have the money(or knowhow to do it yourself) you can just take the lock assy off and move the ram emblem down and stick it over the hole.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice Moparrbust, is that a red decal I'm seeing or the fresh paint ? Looks good either way. Did you "bondo" over the key hole ? I'm not concerned about losing trunk key access entirely as one could always power the car with the under-the-hood booster connections if the battery died... or crawl thru the rear seats :p

Oh and I love the plate.. esp. for an SRT lol

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Nice Moparrbust, is that a red decal I'm seeing or the fresh paint ? Looks good either way.

Oh and I love the plate.. esp. for an SRT lol

Thanks. There are no decals on my car(and never will be). I removed the trunk lock, cut a metal backing plate and used structural adhesive to bond it on, then filled the bare metal indent with fiberglass and finished it off with a very light layer of putty to fill the pin holes..........then primer, block and paint.

·
Registered
804 Posts
i just took mines off today and there is no hole or anything all they did was use some adhesives...go for it, it gives it much more of a clean look

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would like to replace mine with an Autobots logo from Tansformers. i have seen this once on a charger. Anyone know where I can get them?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I will send you a PM. Here is a pic of mine custom painted.

Oh you said rear emblem!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts