Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly doubt it, but I'm just curious, is there any way to turn off the automatic shut off on the rear defrost? It never stays on long enough to actually defrost my window!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Crazy talk, I know but .............. push the button twice :D

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Well, I feel like an idiot now. Lmao.
Dont feel like an idiot, an idiot would never ask only get mad and then bash the car for not understanding how it works.

The defroster is on a timer to prevent it from burning out, just like the heated seats, you can keep hitting the button but the run time will shorten each time to prevent the coils from overheating.

Try this turn on your seats to high and you will see they will not shut off but turn down to low and after some time shut off until you turn them back on and after a long time you will only get the low setting:)

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life, but i wanted to ask if this method applies with a 2018 Charger as well? I was driving for about 45minutes and the ice on my rear windsheild did not thaw out, and i noticed the rear defroster kept turning off on its own.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
If it kept turning off and not defrosting you might have a short some where.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
It stayed on for a bit, but not enough to help with the ice that was there. Any ideas on where to look for a short?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
No idea. Sorry I couldn’t be anymore help.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
Oh no worries, i appreciate the response! I have only had the car for about a week now, bought it last week from Carmax. I'll mess around with it after the next round of ice that'll form overnight.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Charger GT
5 Posts
Hmm, i might have to have the dealer check it out then. I don't know where to start troubleshooting it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts