Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a 2016 RT with the squarish exhaust bezels built into the lower rear bumper panel, which I've seen called a diffuser but it's not really like the diffusers I've seen before. It's the black part at the bottom of the blue bumper in the photo. My question is has anyone swapped this black panel for one from an SRT, Daytona or Scat Pack which has the different rear bumper cover with the air duct inlets? I see they have round cut outs for the exhaust and I'm thinking as I upgrade my exhaust I may want to swith to round tips which would look nice with the half round cutouts on these panels. I'm wondering if the panels are the same except for the cutouts for the exhaust. I don't want to swap bumper covers, just the black panel at the bottom...if possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The only swap I saw w the cars without the SP or SRT bumper was going w the police diffuser.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The police charger valance fits. The other ones you need the scat/srt bumper to fit. I was considering it as well. There are several yt vids on swapping it. Not hard.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The police charger valance fits. The other ones you need the scat/srt bumper to fit. I was considering it as well. There are several yt vids on swapping it. Not hard.
Valance panel, I could not for the life of me remember that's what they were called. Thank you. So I can look for one off a pursuit and go to town.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks for asking, I had been wondering the same thing. Although I kinda like the rectangle tips.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
You need part number 68240581AA...some dealers want to charge you a "core charge" but that is for the entire bumper cover not the valence. You have to drill out several rivets to get the chrome part off, but nothing difficult. There is a rivet that goes in each end, but I used a couple of 8mm bolts/nuts. Once you get it on you will see that it flops around a bit in the center, so I made a couple brackets out of scrap metal I had lying around. IMO it looks 10X better

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need part number 68240581AA...some dealers want to charge you a "core charge" but that is for the entire bumper cover not the valence. You have to drill out several rivets to get the chrome part off, but nothing difficult. There is a rivet that goes in each end, but I used a couple of 8mm bolts/nuts. Once you get it on you will see that it flops around a bit in the center, so I made a couple brackets out of scrap metal I had lying around. IMO it looks 10X better
I like it, thanks for the pics too makes it so much easier to understand, visual learner here...I see you're not running resonators, what kind of mufflers you have on? I'm planning on leaving the resonators on since everyone says you get a lot of drone otherwise, and either running straight mid pipes or Walker turbos in place of the OEM muffs. I couldn't tell if the chrome bezels were part of the valance panel but I see they are mounted to the lower body.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I saw the retail price was $90+
It looks like the shipping charge of $68 is equal to the Part price of $68 for a total of $132+
Wondering how much is the "core charge".

I like the round exhaust look.
I make flat brackets by flattening electrical conduit....with the seam on top.....flattening conduit with seam at the side cracks the material.

Thanks for sharing your pics of the project.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I like it, thanks for the pics too makes it so much easier to understand, visual learner here...I see you're not running resonators, what kind of mufflers you have on? I'm planning on leaving the resonators on since everyone says you get a lot of drone otherwise, and either running straight mid pipes or Walker turbos in place of the OEM muffs. I couldn't tell if the chrome bezels were part of the valance panel but I see they are mounted to the lower body.
I have a Solo J Pipe system and love it! Walker- DynoMax Super Turbos drone (had them on my 2013) straight pipe the mid mufflers and leave the rear resonators on and you'll be fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the solo on my 426 with long tubes and no cats and there is absolutely zero drone. There system is pretty damn amazing, I’d recommend them tenfold. Oh , and when I hit it , there are no words that can describe it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what I did on 2018 Charger Scat Pack 6.4L
I got this from Amazon for only $172 w shipping. It used to be $280 just a month ago.
It looks Great on the car...
What rear diffuser and do you like it still how is it holding up any fading?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it's the Icon Rear Diffuser.
No Fading and holding up Great...
If you go the way I did get the Rear Side Diffusers too...
Great Look

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I wanted to revive this topic to ask a very simple question. I see krautmaster's solution with bracing the middle portion on the bottom, and it is genius. My question is how to the Police models brace this valance or do they just leave it all floppy? I don't see them flop around when I'm driving behind one (I've been paying attention). I cannot get up enough nerve up to ask my local LE if I can look underneath one to see. Perhaps I can convince my neighborhood LE patrol if I can take a peek.

As for coming up with a bracing solution, what else besides "spare metal" would work? I'm not really all that good at fabricating shit so I'm open for alternatives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts