Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone here would be able to answer my question, and a pic would be great if possible.

Does anybody know how the rear air diffuser on the bottom of your rear fascia is attached to the bottom of the car? I know how it is attached to the fascia, but I'm wondering underneath the car? Is it screwed into the floor pan? Or is it just free? I've seen a pic of the part by itself, and it has 4 clips that seem to want to be attached to something.

If anyone has a chance to take a pic for me, I'd appreciate it!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!!

Anybody?? I just need someone to look underneath their SRT Charger to see how that rear diffuser is attached. Is it just attached to the fascia? Or is it also attached to the floor pan someway?? Please help. Thank you!(pics would really help!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll get a pic in a bit... it doesn't extend under the vehicle and just clips onto the bumper cover/rear facia. Been under there a few times, just not with a camera and it's raining. I felt "gipped" when I first peeked under because it's not really a diffuser IMO.
Thanks alot for helping out! Much appreciated! So it is only attached to the fascia, hmmm. If you could get me a pic or two, that would set me on my way!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Installed

I installed the rear air diffuser today- just to the fascia. - I used blue painters tape protect the paint and position and hold the part in place- then drilled the holes, removed the part and all the tape, then put the part on.
You will need a plastic rivet tool (not the same as a metal rivet tool). I got mine at NAPA for $25.00

I am curious about the three bolts welded into the floor of the trunk- they look like they were there to hold something?
I am thinking of making a piece to fit in that section and stop air from catching on the fascia itself- any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts