Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just loaded the 91 CAI canned tune and loved it. I then went to quick quick settings and reset the tcm and adjusted for firmer shifts. No problem there.

I then wanted to turn off MDS and adjust my rpm higher (drops too low at idle) but the only place it allows me to do this is in Modify stock Tune. Once the parameters are changed it asks to to load which I said yes. My question is:

Did this tune overwrite the 91 CAI canned tune or did it just overwrite those specific parameters in the 91 CCAI canned tune (the current tune loaded)?

06 RT 5.7

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think that if you install a tune from the "Modify Stock Tune" option, then it's going to overwrite your 91oct tune with the stock tune w/your adjusted parameters.

I thought you could go to "Modify Diablo Tune" from the menu, but if not, you can always restore your stock tune (to reset everything and start over), and then reload the 91oct CAI canned tune w/ modified parameters. Once you pick the 91oct canned tune, then go to "Modify Parameters" to adjust the parameters you want to change. Then you'll have to press ESC to get to the "Install Tune Now" screen.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to increase the idle rpm? If you have a stock engine and the idle is dropping too low, then that might be an indicator of something that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I want to increase the idle because with the AC off, my idle is just a tad bit over 500 rpm and tends to stumble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts