Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after picking my Girl up from work I spotted an SRT8. I jumped with excitement at finally having a chance to show my Girl this beast, she rolled her eyes and I gave chase.

After a few blocks and some close calls I finally caught up. It didn't take long for me to realize it wasn't an SRT8 at all. It was an RT. The RT Emblem was a dead give away.

But at first site what did I see? 20 Inch Dodge Charger OEM Rims, SRT8 Front Fascia, Srt8 Rear Spoiler, etc.

My heart kind of sank. I just realized that the craziest, sweetest looking mods for this baby all lead it down the SRT8 Road. I think it looks good, and I know plenty of guys who have gone that way. More power to them. But it's not for me.

I'm really proud of my RT, and love my ride. But what if I do want to mod it out a bit one day. Where's my Front Fascia? Where's the spoiler that will give my RT a unique look? Do you see what I'm saying?

I want to make this baby stand out and look good, even if possible, have it look different and unique. But I don't want to do it at the expense of making my "Balls and All" ride look like a more expensive and faster Charger model.

I want my RT to be just that, an RT, with a few unique exterior mods to boot. How can I go about doing this while avoiding the road mentioned above?

P.S. Sorry for the Rant

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a 06 inferno red R/T with the RT package. I love the way the SRT looks, but I wanted decent gas milegae and didn't want to put out the big bucks for the SRT. I bought the SRT rear spoiler last year. I had to get new tires so I upgraded to 20" and got some rims. I'm now thinking of doing the RK hood and the grip front fascia and rockers. I'm wondering how it would look if I didn't get the rear fascia. Any thoughts anybody??

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
The cool thing about the RK Sport hood is that you wont ever be accused of being an SRT poser....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Daytona40 - I saw you had the RK hood and sent you a pm asking for a couple of pics of it.
Thanks- Steve

·
Registered
391 Posts
that kit is one of the only ones out that i like alltho i think i would like it better if you could use the grill JMO

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hmm, do what ya want that looks good to you!
The whole argument about being a SRT8 poser is lame IMO(my pic will probably tell ya why :)).
Search for hemi Charger, his ride has that fascia and hood, looks sweet.
I was in the market for a set of SRT8 wheels as they are the only 20's I would put on my car, and dud gave me a smokin deal on his OEM hood, fascia and suspension.
This is what I ended up with. Am I trying to pose as a SRT8...no....DO I love the look..YES!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
personally i like the look of my daytona's front fascia better than the srt8 fascia. the srt's looks weaker and too busy for me. if you want some unique exterior mods i would suggest the shaker hood scoop, or the rk sport hood. maybe some decals, and wheels. personally one of the first things i look at is the exhaust, so maybe putting some nice tips and rear air diffuser would set it off.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
personally i like the look of my daytona's front fascia better than the srt8 fascia. the srt's looks weaker and too busy for me. if you want some unique exterior mods i would suggest the shaker hood scoop, or the rk sport hood. maybe some decals, and wheels. personally one of the first things i look at is the exhaust, so maybe putting some nice tips and rear air diffuser would set it off.

I would agree with you on that. Alot cheaper and I won't worry about the lower clearance. The chin spoiler has a similar affect on the eye. I get double takes on the car, and it's all mopar parts. The hood is going to be your biggest (and probably most expensive) bang for buck in the visual arena. I would go between OEM style or the RK Sport. Definitely do the R/T grille, and change the Front hood emblem. I call that the parsley on the main course.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man, after all of this time of not being on here.....the damn srt poser is still a problem. i guess that is why i have a red r/t on the front and back and r/t on both of my hips. no one can question it......

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
here s the pic of the grip front I love it on my car some people still think its an srt though because of the hood and the way I drive lol

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
That is amazing looking man! Great work. If you don't mind me asking how much did the entire kit set you back? How do you like your trufiber hood? I just got mine but haven't painted/installed it yet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey Hemi- Did you get the whole grip kit? I'm thinking of getting just the front fascia and rockers. Will that look funky with the stock rear fascia?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts