Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was mind numbing boring, very mind numbing. They did not allow cameras into the presentation, as it's turning out for a very good reason.

2009 estimated revenue of 17B
2010 proposed revenue of 42B
2014 proposed revenue of 67B

On hand cash has increased by 1B, and it turns out for a very good reason, many of the suppliers have not been paid, which explains why plants are shutting down due to lack of parts.

Chrysler is planning 23B in new product development, without any new cash infusion, and it was stated that Fiat will not provide any new cash to Chrysler.

This is going to be a tough magic trick to pull off.

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
It was mind numbing boring, very mind numbing. They did not allow cameras into the presentation, as it's turning out for a very good reason.

2009 estimated revenue of 17B
2010 proposed revenue of 42B
2014 proposed revenue of 67B

On hand cash has increased by 1B, and it turns out for a very good reason, many of the suppliers have not been paid, which explains why plants are shutting down due to lack of parts.

Chrysler is planning 23B in new product development, without any new cash infusion, and it was stated that Fiat will not provide any new cash to Chrysler.

This is going to be a tough magic trick to pull off.
This will be very interesting to see how they do pull this off if they do at all. This is all assuming that the economy continues to improve and the price of oil doesn't come back to bite them. They are really scrambling to find a product offering that will match with the "fun, and sweet etc besides the thrill seeker" customers.

I can tell you a Fiat based Dodge is something I will never buy. It will make the Avenger look much more attractive......maybe get one before a Chrysler based midsize will not be available.

Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm 42 and I've been a Mopar fan since my teens. The sad thing is that Dodge waited to long to produce affordable muscle cars and keep themselves in the performance spotlight. We BEGGED for years during the 80's and 90's and got nothing. We watched as the mustangs and camaros were produced. Dodge built minivans. Viper was overpriced for the average car guy.

Now we finally have some cool Dodges and the economy tanks. If I wanted a foreign sports car..i'd buy one.

I'm glad I bought my car when I did and the girlfriend got her Chally R/T. It's not looking good.

K-Car anybody?

Den

1 - 3 of 3 Posts