Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my current DD. Interested in hearing what gas mileage you guys are getting. 14mpg scares me somewhat for a daily driver.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I get anywhere from 20-25 on the interstate but in town it varies from 11-15 depending on the mood I'm in. Honestly if you are considering an SRT-8 or anything close to it in performance ya just need to say what I did. F MPG!

·
Registered
325 Posts
If nickels, dimes and MPG are important to you don't buy an SRT8, if having fun and kicking ass are important then go for it.
:monster:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Going to work, I average about 18 mpg, which is about 75/25 hwy / city. Running a tank thru on 100% hwy got me about 24

·
Registered
250 Posts
I get about 15 or 16 if I'm real easy on it. But that's no fun at all. I did it just to see what kind of mpg I could get. With this car the last thing I worry about is mpg. But, that's the point isn't it?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
highway I average 24-26, city it gets down to about 15-17, but I just cruise, I don't "drive it like I stole it" but that is just me.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The other day I checked my mileage after running out a tank. It was all city driving and it was slightly less than 10 mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I get about 15 or 16 if I'm real easy on it. But that's no fun at all. I did it just to see what kind of mpg I could get. With this car the last thing I worry about is mpg. But, that's the point isn't it?
I just came back from test driving one (300 Srt8). As a daily driver I need something with better mpg. I have a vette putting 431 to the wheels, so that suits my power needs.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
18mpg on a mix of hwy and city driving. On the interstate I can get up to 24.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I normally get between 11 and 14 mpg, mostly "around town" driving ... I just CAN'T keep my foot out of it for an entire tank of gas, or it might be a little better ...

Looking to replace my current DD. Interested in hearing what gas mileage you guys are getting. 14mpg scares me somewhat for a daily driver.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
According to the EVIC, the last two tanks I ran through I got 17 mpg avg.
2/3 hwy 1/3 city..... I have my foot in it alot though. I don't really care though... if I have to commute 300 miles a week I want to have fun doing it!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Mostly city

I get about 11mpg (12 if I'm lucky / easy). Most I've gotten on a trip was 18. I admit I drive to fast and just accept that I pay out my a$$. It's worth it.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I drive strictly city, not too lightly.......and average 15.5 like clockwork. This seems to be the average.....for mixed driving.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
16.7-17.5 on an even mix of highway and city driving

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Around here, semi rural, with about a 40/60 city/highway split, I average abour 16 or so. Straight highway, its around 20.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
20mpg+ on the highway, if I'm being nice. 15-17 around town in Detroit traffic. If you look real close, I think you can actually see the gas gauge moving though. (-:

·
Registered
628 Posts
20mpg+ on the highway, if I'm being nice. 15-17 around town in Detroit traffic. If you look real close, I think you can actually see the gas gauge moving though. (-:
Isn't exactly the most accurate gauge on the car though lol

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
One funny note is that during a recent SRT Engineer Chat, the tossed out there that at top speed, a full 19 gallon tank is gone in 37 minutes:) I assume this was done during testing:)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
One funny note is that during a recent SRT Engineer Chat, the tossed out there that at top speed, a full 19 gallon tank is gone in 37 minutes:) I assume this was done during testing:)
About 107 miles traveled

5.63 mpg

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If nickels, dimes and MPG are important to you don't buy an SRT8, if having fun and kicking ass are important then go for it.
:monster:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts