1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these times realistic?
How are they calculated?
What about tire spin?

I mean, suppose the rear tires were lifted up so they could spin easily. Would you get a 0-60 time of only 2-3 seconds or what?

So far, here's my best.....

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
It is based on wheel speed so if you spin the tires then the times are not accurate. As you said you can get realy fast times this way. Also the timer is not calibrated that I know of so there is some variation there as well. If you want real times go get some track time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Honesty

The EVIC seems valid, but only if you are honest. If you set it up and then take off from a stop and it starts to timing, by clicking the compass (exiting EVIC) you will stop the timer where is was and it will register the 0-60 time as whatever time has elapsed from 0-?? seconds. I can make mine display a 0-60 time of .78 seconds.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
EVIC info

im yet to even figure out this EVIC thing. I cant find the timing anywhere.
Hold Compass & Musical Note for 6 seconds; this will bring you into EVIC.
Use your UP/DOWN arrows to scroll through the options.

You will eventually reach a screen that says "0-60" and if you've never done it, it will display 0.00. Drive down the road, come to a complete stop and "READY" will appear. Stomp on it and the computer will start counting and stop when you hit....you guessed it..60MPH

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
im yet to even figure out this EVIC thing. I cant find the timing anywhere.
Only 2007+ cars have the 0-60 timer ...

And yes, there have been people posting pics of 1.xx EVIC displays, and yes, to make that happen there was wheelspin involved ... doing burnouts and spinning the tires to 60 or more mph will register a very low time ...

Of course, all of the above only applies to RWD models .... the AWD cars can't spin the tires like that, unless on ice or running big power like strokers ...

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
Only 2007+ cars have the 0-60 timer ...

And yes, there have been people posting pics of 1.xx EVIC displays, and yes, to make that happen there was wheelspin involved ... doing burnouts and spinning the tires to 60 or more mph will register a very low time ...

Of course, all of the above only applies to RWD models .... the AWD cars can't spin the tires like that, unless on ice or running big power like strokers ...
:(

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So far my best REAL EVIC time is 4.11. It was with absoutely no wheelspin. It was on a sorta prepped concrete pad and no up or downhill grade. It was a 30 degree night out. I need to update my avatar pic but I like the 4.26 time better. Kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
wheel spin won't fool the timer unless you cross over the magic 60mph. Too much wheel spin will register a slower time tho. Best time i got was with a little spin at the beginning to get the rpm up in the power band, car hooked up and registered the 5.28

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Hmmm - when i spin the wheels my time is significantly crappier. so i dont agree with this wheel spin thing. -- and when i spin the wheels the spedo doesnt speed up. a fat powerbrake and i am still at 0mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts