Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok- I have not done much drag racing but have been watching Pinks and Pinks All Out. How is it that a person and fine tune their (reaction time) or the 60 foot time?

I mean, you can't go till the light turns green (on the tree) or when his arms drop (on Pinks). Is there a trick or is it simply how fast you mash the pedal from the time your eyes see the arm/light turn?

Since this is in the SRT8 forum- I am referring of course to being in an SRT8 Charger. ;)

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you wait for the light to turn green you've already lost.
You want to leave on the third yellow.

60' times are influenced by a number of things, weather, traction, type of tire, tire pressure and so on.

The only time your RT would matter is in a bracket race or a no time money race and you are racing to see who crosses the finish line first rather than timeslip for timeslip.

With tracks using LED trees versus filamnet type bulbs it's a little harder since you can't watch for the bulb to glow from the center, LED's are instant on.

Just keep practicing and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If you wait for the light to turn green you've already lost.
You want to leave on the third yellow.

60' times are influenced by a number of things, weather, traction, type of tire, tire pressure and so on.

The only time your RT would matter is in a bracket race or a no time money race and you are racing to see who crosses the finish line first rather than timeslip for timeslip.

With tracks using LED trees versus filamnet type bulbs it's a little harder since you can't watch for the bulb to glow from the center, LED's are instant on.

Just keep practicing and keep the shiny side up.
Another influence to 60 foot and reaction times is roll out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
With the bulb type trees, I hit the gas between 2nd and 3rd light. But, everyone's reaction time is different...you have to practice. My fastest reaction time is 0.126 which isn't bad.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My reaction time is all over the place. Best is .032, and I average right around 0.2 or maybe just a little better. Think my best 60' is about 2.1 when traction is good. Thats running stock except for a K&N air filter at 3200 ft elevation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts